1.    #1  
    Anyone from nyc take a trip to canada using tomtom? need a lil help here. I know you cant map a route straight to canada. You have to switch maps once you get to the canadian border. My question is this: Which border should I navigate to? I noticed there were a couple of them on the tomtom poi. I would br driving up the thruway, need to get to montreal. Anyone?
    I suggest planning it in Mapquest, then use that road on TomTom.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    As Heberman suggests, I too use MapQuest or Yahoo Maps to get a macro travel route when I'm traveling across TomTom maps. Once I see the best choice for my end-to-end route, I set a destination at the end of that road/highway, and start my route on the new map on that same road/highway.

BTW, I've made that very same trek a few times -- the most direct route is 87 North. Happy treaveling...
  4.    #4  
    Guess i shall map it out on mapquest first. thanx for the response guys! I did plan on taking the 87..its pretty much straight.

tanx again!