1.    #1  
    I had purchased Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006 with GPS Locator for my Laptop a while back. This is while I still had my PPC. Now that I am back on the Treo 650, I am looking for some software that will run on the Treo 650 without costing me BOTH arms & legs. Even a trial of the software would be great, this way I can see how it works with the Pharos GPS Reciever and the 650. Anyone have any information on any type of Trial or FREE GPS software?
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Yes, there's a lot of info on this very forum, glad you made it. The search feature will find every last GPS mention! Have fun!
  3.    #3  
    khaytsus,

Yeah I know I could have searched for "GPS Software" but I am looking for this software that is free...LOL. I am just being lazy.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    khaytsus,

Yeah I know I could have searched for "GPS Software" but I am looking for this software that is free...LOL. I am just being lazy.
    Don't worry, some of us do more than just say "search"

Try :

CetusGPS 1.2b8 www.cetusgps.dk
    cotoGPS 1.4.0 http://core.de/~coto/
    CacheNav 1.05 www.smittyware.com
    Navegador 1.0.1 http://netpage.uai.com.br/mmand/navegador.htm

If you find any others please let me know.

And now I feel all warm inside for being helpful
    Last edited by ChasT; 08/25/2006 at 03:22 AM.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Good links ChasT. I'll give them a try tonight
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  6.    #6  
    ChasT,

Thank you for the links. I decided to go with TeleNav. TeleNav worked great and was right on the money with getting to my location. I am very happy with it.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Yeah I know I could have searched for "GPS Software" but I am looking for this software that is free...LOL.
    It was too complicated to type the word "free" after your search terms?

Just in case you wanted more options before settling down with TeleNav, there's a list of free GPS software here. Not all of the software works with the Treo, but some do.

ChasT,

Thank you for the links. I decided to go with TeleNav. TeleNav worked great and was right on the money with getting to my location. I am very happy with it.
    OK, glad you got sorted.

BTW, I did not realise you were looking for Satnav, not GPS
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    earthcomber is another one that has all sorts of "location aware" services.
    ChasT,

You pay a monthly fee for this?

I just found this and that is why I am asking to confirm - http://forum.telenav.com/viewtopic.p...3b6bf8c1104330
  11.    #11  
    SilverGS,

Sorry for the LONG DELAY, yes you have a $9.99 fee each month. That is the only drawback but is WELL worth it.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    I just started using earthcomber. It is a little buggy though
    What bugs have you found in Earthcomber? I've found the latest to be very nice, although sometimes quirky. One that bugs me is dragging the map down to where a control is makes that control pop up and the map doesn't get moved. Curious what you've seen...