1.    #1  
    Probably a bit long of a title but that is my question. I have a ton of music on my ipod, to much to even think about transferring to my treo. My treo functions 100% and has for well over a year without ever needing a reset. So, I am not excited about loading it up with music etc.

My situation is that I will be leaving for an 18 hour road trip in about a month and would like to find a way to listen to my ipod but do so using my bluetooth headset from my treo 650. Is there an easier way of accomplishing this?

Griz
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I don't think the product you need exists yet. Seems like you want a wireless headset that could seamlessly switch between your iPod (with a bluetooth adapter) and your Treo's bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi View Post
    I don't think the product you need exists yet. Seems like you want a wireless headset that could seamlessly switch between your iPod (with a bluetooth adapter) and your Treo's bluetooth.
    There are several Bluetooth Stereo Headphones that can do exactly what you've stated here.
    Visor Phone, Treo 180, Treo 270, Nokia 3650, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 800w
    He wanted his Treo 650 to input his Ipod's music and then transmit it over Bluetooth. Software that did this would have to be able to communicate with an Ipod over serial to receive data, then play it and use something like SAG to transmit the audio.

You can buy bluetooth transmitters which will plug into your Ipod's headphone jack, instead.
    No.

Just buy a pair of Logitech bluetooth headphones. Logitech is dumping them. You can get one for $30 shipped.
    You'd have to custom-build an adapter that would take the iPod's disk mode and convert it to an SD card, use a custom rom with fat32, and even then I doubt it'd work...
    Several of the Stereo BT headsets come with dongles that have a 3.5 jack. Heck on the pair I own, the box it came with has a pic of a girl with the dongle plugged into the IPod and she's jammin with the headset. You wont even need your Treo. (I use a 2GB card and just use my Treo with SAG)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Probably a bit long of a title but that is my question. I have a ton of music on my ipod, to much to even think about transferring to my treo. My treo functions 100% and has for well over a year without ever needing a reset. So, I am not excited about loading it up with music etc.

My situation is that I will be leaving for an 18 hour road trip in about a month and would like to find a way to listen to my ipod but do so using my bluetooth headset from my treo 650. Is there an easier way of accomplishing this?

Griz
    We are going to assume that your "bluetooth headset from my treo 650" is a bluethooth phone headset for 1 ear - these are not for listening to stereo music. So if you want to listen from your Treo with a bluetooth wireless stereo headset, you need to get one of those as already recommended by others here. Transfering your ipod music to the Treo wouldn't be that much trouble if it is also on your computer, and is in MP3 format - just copy over to a 1-2Gb card, no problem. If they were purchsed from iTunes, then you have a different situation - see this thread http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=97266
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    We are going to assume that your "bluetooth headset from my treo 650" is a bluethooth phone headset for 1 ear - these are not for listening to stereo music. So if you want to listen from your Treo with a bluetooth wireless stereo headset, you need to get one of those as already recommended by others here.
    There's also Softick Audio Gateway which will let you listen to A2DP audio, stereo bluetooth, and with motionapps' excellent PalmOS iPod-simulator, mOcean, you can even sync your Treo with iTunes podcasts and playlists. DRMed files won't work because Apple isn't licensing FairPlay, but there are a few programs out there that'll strip the licensing information out.