Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Don't mean to stir things up, but here's a quick question. According to the first message in this thread the last phone overlay for the 650 included forced roaming, it just wasn't enabled/implemented. What are the chances of getting a Sprint Treo 650 overlay that would allow forced roaming?
    Last edited by qwalls; 08/26/2006 at 09:21 AM.
    I've been waiting for this too. Just upgraded to the 700P for this forced roaming option. My reception is lousy at home and the 650 clings to the sprint signal. Every once and a while I hit roaming and get 4 bars. Drives me crazy when I'm in the car and can't answer or get calls when the 650 shows 1 bar.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    According to this thread, it looks like this has already been done for Cingular. Hopefully this will point someone in the right direction who knows more about this stuff than I do.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwalls View Post
    According to this thread, it looks like this has already been done for Cingular. Hopefully this will point someone in the right direction who knows more about this stuff than I do.
    Doesn't matter what.
    1. Cingular now merges all AT&T towers (at least DC,VA MD area), so you won't see more than 2 Cingular (which actually is T-mobile tower).
    2. Cingular or T-mobile won't allow you roaming in the areas which they have service coverage.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Doesn't matter what.
    1. Cingular now merges all AT&T towers (at least DC,VA MD area), so you won't see more than 2 Cingular (which actually is T-mobile tower).
    2. Cingular or T-mobile won't allow you roaming in the areas which they have service coverage.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. (fixed now) I'm looking for the ability to force roaming on a Sprint Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I am wondering the same thing. I know the 700p from sprint has this option. Is it possiable to copy something from the 700p rom to enable this option on the 650?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gagan View Post
    I am wondering the same thing. I know the 700p from sprint has this option. Is it possiable to copy something from the 700p rom to enable this option on the 650?
    Well, I've already tried a 700p overlay from Shadowmite's site on my 650, and it didn't work. (reset when trying to access phone properties) If it's possible, I think it will be a modification to the Sprint 650 phone overlay.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Well, no news yet. I also posted the question on Shadowmite's forum, so we'll see what happens.

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1594
    Quote Originally Posted by qwalls View Post
    Well, no news yet. I also posted the question on Shadowmite's forum, so we'll see what happens.

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1594
    Linkie no workie

Actually, now that I look at it again, apparently his site must be down.