1.    #1  
    Hey guys! Huge fan of the treo after ditching the ppc6700

BUT quick question everything seems to work on the phone and this option worked fine yesterday but today if i go to applications, then go to tap phone .. it goes right back to the main default screen like that phone link does nothing or has a glitch?

Can anyone help i tried a soft reboot by removing battery and pressing the pin hole button...
    Mine works no problem. Why don't you just push the phone button on phone to get to the phone display when you want to make a call? Have you loaded any software on the phone? If not just do a hard reset, and the system will go back to all the original settings.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    Mine works no problem. Why don't you just push the phone button on phone to get to the phone display when you want to make a call? Have you loaded any software on the phone? If not just do a hard reset, and the system will go back to all the original settings.
    mine works fine as well. before you go thinking it's the phone, look back to programs you have recently installed. a hard reset will tell you if it's the phone or a program conflict.

I would advise you to do a hard reset, load your contacts and calendar back onto device, go into prefs and set the phone up the way you want, and then get a backup program. I use a free backup program called nvbackup ( search for it). after you create a backup point, when ever you start to have problems like this again you can just restore back to point when everything was working good again. as the weeks go on and you install more programs, create a more current backup point. this just saves having to do a hard reset all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
    Hey guys! Huge fan of the treo after ditching the ppc6700

BUT quick question everything seems to work on the phone and this option worked fine yesterday but today if i go to applications, then go to tap phone .. it goes right back to the main default screen like that phone link does nothing or has a glitch?

Can anyone help i tried a soft reboot by removing battery and pressing the pin hole button...
    What is the main default screen? When you tap Phone you should get the screen with the dialpad. Are you getting Applications?
  5.    #5  
    loaded no apps have done nothing to the phone

i was hitting the button with hte icon of the house, which birngs up apps, then go down to what says phone which i thought was phone settings? when i tap that it brings me back to the main default screen with the wall papeer and 4 boxes on the bottom contacts, voicemail, call log, web

does not bring up a phone dialing pad like someone had asked?

thanks guys appreciate your time
    It appears you are in the phone application but the phone display options are set to wallpaper instead to Dial Pad. Press the menu button (bottom right) and then select Options - Phone Display Options and then change the top to Show Dial Pad. That should do the trick.
    Brichter21 gets the prize.

I don't understand why Palm would think that anyone would want to set the Phone app to wallpaper instead of the dialpad. Seems like extra work to me to banish the wallpaper when you want to make a call. Oh well. More useless options in the settings in the name of customization = good, I guess.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Brichter21 gets the prize.

I don't understand why Palm would think that anyone would want to set the Phone app to wallpaper instead of the dialpad. Seems like extra work to me to banish the wallpaper when you want to make a call. Oh well. More useless options in the settings in the name of customization = good, I guess.
    Well, I *love* the wallpaper option. It doesn't stop me from dialing the number out as after the first digit is pressed the dial-pad shows up immediately (and removes the wallpaper). I guess it's personal afterall.

BTW, back to the OP's question. I believe what he sees is that when he switches from the Application screen to the Phone screen by pressing the Phone button, the screen switches back to the Application screen. If this is the case, I'm not sure changing the wallpaper to the dialer is going to help. Perhaps the OP can give us more info.

One thing that we do need to make sure is which Phone button does the OP refer to. If he/she pressed the 'green' button on the upper left, then it's the WRONG button. It's supposed to be the button immediately underneath it which has a phone icon.

EDIT: After re-reading the OP's question, he/she was not pressing any button but tapping on the Phone icon... So my questions about which button presses are moot. Sorry.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21 View Post
    It appears you are in the phone application but the phone display options are set to wallpaper instead to Dial Pad. Press the menu button (bottom right) and then select Options - Phone Display Options and then change the top to Show Dial Pad. That should do the trick.
    I had a feeling he had inadvertantly set it to wall paper.

I've seen some people set that wall paper to really beautiful paintings and such, looks very nice.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I had a feeling he had inadvertantly set it to wall paper.

I've seen some people set that wall paper to really beautiful paintings and such, looks very nice.
    Perhaps someone did a trick and got a screen snapshot of his/her 'Application' screen and set it as the wall paper.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    That would be awesome, too back you can't hide the top and bottom status bar.

I use wallpaper all the time. I even have the folder of wallpapers came with Mac 10.3 so I can rotate them.