1.    #1  
    I just got a new Treo 700p on the Verizon network. I am noticing a slight effect when I first turn on the screen (something that never happened on my Treo 650).

When the screen turns on after being off for a few minutes, for about a second there is a slight distortion effect. The screen is just a tiny bit wavy, and you can see what appear to be slight interlaced lines across the screen. Then, within a second, it clears up and is completely sharp.

This is not a significant issue, but I am just trying to determine if it is normal for a Treo 700p.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Yes, mine does this too. Others have reported this as well. Doesn't seem to be a problem for anybody.
    Yes, I've seen this also. I also saw it on a Treo 700w that I had months ago. It goes away within a second or so, doesn't seem to cause any problem. Likewise my GSM Treo 650 doesn't do this.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Yes, I've seen this also. I also saw it on a Treo 700w that I had months ago. It goes away within a second or so, doesn't seem to cause any problem. Likewise my GSM Treo 650 doesn't do this.
    I would imagine this is something characteristic of the Verizon network as I have never seen it on Sprint (700p).
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    We're with Sprint and have got two 700p's in the family and don't see the wavy effect.
    My Sprint 700p does this and has since I got it. I seem to recall that my 650 did it, too.
    I've seen this on a Sprint 700p in a store so it's not Verizon only.

It's not wavy, but in the instant you turn it on, it's like only every other line of pixels horizontally is on. It gives it an old fashioned TV look (like an interlaced screen). If you have keylock on, it's over before you can press the button to release the keylock. It's very very brief but it's there.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Driver issue maybe. 650 is 320x320, does the 700 use the same driver with some backward engineered software that changes the resolution?
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    My Sprint 700p does this and has since I got it. I seem to recall that my 650 did it, too.
    my sprint 700p does it too, i thought my eyes were starting to go bad...i guess not
    The first 700p (Verizon) had this issue but I got a replacement (for other reasons) and it doesn't exhibit that behavior.

But on the replacement the keyboard lights look like they're all different shades of white. =(
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    The first 2 700ps I had did this, the 2nd more then the first, the 3rd one doesn't exhibit this at all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    My Handspring T600 did this.