1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have a Treo 650 (w camera). How do you turn off the tone that sounds when I turn on or off my telephone (Verizon "welcome" or "goodbye" sounds)? Preferably without turning all sound off.

Thanks!

Scott
    Set the System Volume to 0(zero) will do that, but all your beeps/clicks & Tasks alarm will also be muted. It is under Sound/General/System Volume.
    It could be overkill, but you might be able to use Profiles to do just that one thing for you. It's a freebee that you will find if you search the forums. Be sure that if you have a 700p you get the version that has been specifically tweaked for it (in the 700p forum).

I imagine you are looking for a simpler solution though...
    Quote Originally Posted by psdixon View Post
    I have a Treo 650 (w camera). How do you turn off the tone that sounds when I turn on or off my telephone (Verizon "welcome" or "goodbye" sounds)? Preferably without turning all sound off.
    Get RadioState (free app). Check this thread. Works fine for me (I'm on Verizon too).
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    It could be overkill, but you might be able to use Profiles to do just that one thing for you. It's a freebee that you will find if you search the forums. Be sure that if you have a 700p you get the version that has been specifically tweaked for it (in the 700p forum).

I imagine you are looking for a simpler solution though...

Don't mind me asking but how do u set that using Profiles? I know Profiles can help to turn on/off the wireless but how do u set to turn off the on/off tone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelys View Post
    Don't mind me asking but how do u set that using Profiles? I know Profiles can help to turn on/off the wireless but how do u set to turn off the on/off tone?
    I haven't been looking at Profiles lately but as stvengoh says above, I believe you could set one profile where the system volume would be set to 0. Of course now that I think of it, you could just set the system volume directly and it would be almost the same number of steps.

On second thought, I don't believe this is the solution psdixon is looking for at all.