1.    #1  
    OK - I downloaded a movie from ringerpost.com. Put it on my SD card and can view it within the pics and videos area. Downside is the picture is very small (does not fill screen side to side or top to bottom) and there are none of the normal options to pause movie, etc.

Appreciate any advice on players for viewing of 3gp video on the 700p.

I searched on 3gp video and found just a few threads on streaming. ringerpost would be a great source of vids if I can figure out best way to view. TCPMP would not allow viewing of it.

Thanks!
    If you get the ffmpeg plugin from the 0.66 release of TCPMP, then you may be able to view the video. However, there is no sound, so not really a good solution. I'm interested as well.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    If you get the ffmpeg plugin from the 0.66 release of TCPMP, then you may be able to view the video. However, there is no sound, so not really a good solution. I'm interested as well.

What format does the audio come as with 3gp?

I believe the included pics and videos app in the rom plays 3gp, but I could be wrong...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  4.    #4  
    it plays it, but with the limitations noted in my initial message. not really watchable.

thx
  5.    #5  
    Found my answer! Works great with TCPMP and the attached unofficial codec.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...38#post1072338
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    duh, missed that part. thanks for the link.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  7.    #7  
    I can't say duh cuz I did a "duh" myself. After installing the codec I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out why the video was playing but no sound. Then I realized I had my phone on slienced mode!! Hit the button and was watching and listening to Snakes on a Plane!