Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    As someone mentioned, get on Sprint customer service and tell them you want to cancel your service because you're unhappy with the phone price for an upgrade with a new contract. That's exactly the situation I was in. You need to get to retentions. I got my 700p for $199 after three different rebates.
  2. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #22  
    dude,

    call retentions.. I have been with Sprint for roughly 9 years.. when I called the first week of the 700p release I was a month away from my contract expiring... I told them that I loved the service, however I would leave if it meant getting the phone cheaper at a competitor... they looked at my account saw how long I've been with them and gave me the phone for 299.00 with a new contract (2 year). Just call and ask for retentions.. explain to them that you are a loyal long time customer and you would love the 700p at the verizon matching price... I'm sure they will take care of you...

    Once they match and give you the phone, tell them to look at your package and see if they could throw you a discount somewhere for being a long term customer... Retentions is always willing to hook you up to keep you. Just be really nice and friendly to them. Hope this helps...

    KAOS
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    I just don't get why people ask these questions.... there is a website verizonwireless.com that has the rates. I swear there on there. If someone else has a old plan cheaper you really think you can get it? good luck. It really puzzles me with some of the obvious questions that are asked.
    There is alot of questionary threads that relate to answers easily found on the carrier website or with some drone on the phone with loss of patience. Everything short of a search on the computer tool being used to view the forums with Whats better...the 700p or 700wx? What carrier is better? What plan would be good for me? Goodness...I know there are noobs who do this and we shouldn't be harsh on them and from the most part we are not but the threads blow up because people who know better actually continue to contribute to it so in retrospect it continues.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    how do you get the 20% discount? I get the 17% corp on the minutes, but...
    I am medical equipment sales rep and one fo the hospitals I work had the plan pre-negotiated w/ Verizon. After calling the Verizon business office and faxing in a copy of my ID badge, the discounts were added to my account.
  5. #25  
    coverage should NOT be an issue if you are with Sprint as you roam on Verizon for free anyway. Verizon will rape you with their data prices. I found with Sprint, if you keep calling, someone will give you what you want.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza View Post
    I'm contemplating changing from Sprint to Verizon, but I wanted to get an idea about what 700p users are paying monthly (including data fees) with Verizon.

    For Sprint, it seems that you just pay the regular wireless monthly charge (for whatever # of minutes you need), plus $15, $20 or $25 for Powervision. I'm trying to get an apples to apples comparison with Verizon plans (plus their data usage charges), though. Thanks.
    You can go to sprint.com/sero and use the email "savings@sprint.com" to see what's available. Right now the 700p (EOL'ing in April?) is $249.99, and $30/mo for 500 peak minutes including data and unlimited data. Get that picture in your head, then call up Verizon to see what THEY will offer you on a comparable phone and plan.

    THEN call *2 from your Sprint phone, wait through all the obligitory account info garbage, when the robot comes on and asks you what you want - say very clearly: "cancel service" and make sure the person that picks up is in "retentions." Tell them you are very seriously considering a switch to Verizon, you are also aware of the SERO plans and phone rates for brand new customers. You have been a customer of Sprint for at least 9 years, you are relatively happy with the service, but you believe they should offer you AT LEAST as good a deal as you can get by cancelling and starting a SERO plan. Be nice, but be clear what you want. I've found that the Retentions department can find a way to make you happy with Sprint.

    I'd have a real hard time being happy paying $90 bucks/month at Verizon for what I can essentially get for abut $30/month at Sprint. Maybe Verizon has *some* advantages... but *three times* the advantage of Sprint...?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  7. waldo15's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza View Post
    I'm contemplating changing from Sprint to Verizon, but I wanted to get an idea about what 700p users are paying monthly (including data fees) with Verizon.

    For Sprint, it seems that you just pay the regular wireless monthly charge (for whatever # of minutes you need), plus $15, $20 or $25 for Powervision. I'm trying to get an apples to apples comparison with Verizon plans (plus their data usage charges), though. Thanks.
    TREOpalooza

    Two ways to see this:

    - On the money side, Verizon is more expensive on the data plan side. Even with my corporate discount (which only applies to the voice plan only, oddly enough) the bill runs 80-90 a month.

    - On the coverage side, large metro areas are well covered by both carriers. Check coverage in your area for both Sprint and Verizon and make sure they both have similar coverage. You don't want to switch from a sweet Sprint zone to a marginally covered Verizon one, do you? Also this may be a factor if you travel a lot (Verizon has wider range than Sprint)

    All in all, you save more money by staying with Sprint in the long run.

    To e2chris and KStewart

    I am sure when you have questions about what Car dealer has the better deals, or what pizza place is better, or what financial institution gives the better mortgage rates and service, you don't ask peers you trust and instead go online to the store website. You may not even check the forums of said places to see what others think. Some of us don't have that solid level of trust in the institutions and we have to rely on other people's experiences... shocking indeed...
  8. #28  
    I have a family share plan with 4 phones with Verizon. I am the only one with a smartphone and I pay $160.00 a month. I love Verizon great coverage and great customer service from my point of view. I could not stand sprint when I had them, just plain old bad customer service.
  9. #29  
    Forgot to mention I have unlimited data.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    TREOpalooza

    Two ways to see this:

    - On the money side, Verizon is more expensive on the data plan side. Even with my corporate discount (which only applies to the voice plan only, oddly enough) the bill runs 80-90 a month.

    - On the coverage side, large metro areas are well covered by both carriers. Check coverage in your area for both Sprint and Verizon and make sure they both have similar coverage. You don't want to switch from a sweet Sprint zone to a marginally covered Verizon one, do you? Also this may be a factor if you travel a lot (Verizon has wider range than Sprint)

    All in all, you save more money by staying with Sprint in the long run.

    To e2chris and KStewart

    I am sure when you have questions about what Car dealer has the better deals, or what pizza place is better, or what financial institution gives the better mortgage rates and service, you don't ask peers you trust and instead go online to the store website. You may not even check the forums of said places to see what others think. Some of us don't have that solid level of trust in the institutions and we have to rely on other people's experiences... shocking indeed...
    From that point of view you are absolutely right.
    at&t iPhone3G
  11. #31  
    My contract ran out in January . Called retensions and said I was going to switch to Verizon and after 6 years with Sprint and she gave me 700P for $299.00, 1000 minutes, 500 text messages, free power vision all for $40.00 per month and a 10% loyalty discount on top
    Last edited by lsherma; 03/06/2007 at 03:45 PM.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsherma View Post
    My contract ran out in January . Called retensions and said I was going to switch to Verizon and after 6 years with Sprint and she gave me 700P for $299.00, 1000 minutes, 500 text messages, free power vision all for $40.00 per month and a 10% loyalty discount on top
    Kool and the gang.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions