1.    #1  
    When I start or receive a call, my motorola HS850 does not connect unless I press the button, any ideas?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mpovolo View Post
    When I start or receive a call, my motorola HS850 does not connect unless I press the button, any ideas?

thanks
    Sounds like a Verizon 650 to me... give it up friend.
    AS per the Palm site, only a few BT headsets will auto-connect, and the Motorola's are not in that group. (I tried HS810 and HS850)

In fact, I have good reason to believe this is delibaerate action to force us to buy the BT that palm favours, since my Very old HS810 works VERY well with an old Nokia 6310i, but only marginally with my Verizon Treo650, so Obvioulsy tyhe BT headest CAN do alll the advanced things (Voice call, Auto-answer/transfer, etc.) but not with the T650.

I have now got a Palm Headset, and it DOES auto-transfer, plus volume is better, but it frequently has to be re-paired with eth phone.
    My Motorola (H300) will auto-connect.....providing it hasn't gone to sleep. It turns itself off after a few minutes (like 5ish?) of non-use. If the headset is on, it will auto-connect. If it has turned itself off (power-save mode), then I have to hit the button.
    My Plantronics 320 auto connects. And works really with my sprint treo 650. My Moto 850 had the same issue, and it was annoying especially when driving. The 320 kind of makes up for the crappy bluetooth on the 650 as well. I get a range of 30 feet, provided there are no walls. My 850 was 10 feet max.