I have tried so many headsets with the 700p, that I was almost ready to give up. I tried the JX10 and didn't have any luck with the sound on the other end. The only other headset I have that works without disconnecting is the Jabra BT250 (which I hate). Anyway, I have had this Sony IV835 sitting around for quite some time debating whether to send it back or not. I tried it with another phone but, could never get it to stay in my ear. I never even thought to try it with the Verizon 700p due to the fact that it wouldn't stay in my ear and it wasn't listed as a headset that would work. I finally decided to give it a try. Sure enough, it works like a charm. I figured out that as long as you answer and hang up from the headset, it will stay connected. it has been connected now for 7 days and works beautifully. I have seen in other threads that users of the 835 have trouble getting it to stay in the ear. I figured out that if you put the rubber earpiece on backwards, it will stay in your ear all day without any discomfort. Sorry this thread was so long but, I just wanted to let you guys know what took me a couple of months to figure out. Sorry about the spelling.