1.    #1  
    I talked with Palm - was told that I cannot do away with the web browser due to the fact that it is embedded in the 650 operating system.

Does anyone know of any blocking software for the 650 or do you know of anyway to take the web browser off my phone?
    You have a few options:

1) Find a custom ROM (find it in previous threads) and install that (caution though, you really need to know what you are doing since you are essentially deleting the factory-state of your Treo, and replacing it)

2) Use a program that will hide the web browser icon. You can use a launcher like ZLauncher or Launcher X, or alternatively, you can a program called Obfuscate to hide it in the default launcher.

I would recommend option #2 for the Newbie, and option #1 for the tech-savvy.
    Custom ROM may be the only way to do it right.

Hiding it may not be enough for anyone with basic Palm OS knowledge. They can just go to Prefs and assign the Web app to a button. Or they could find an app that launches the web like Directory Assistant or one that has a web link for updates like Pocket Tunes.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your help. I would place myself in the "newbie" category...when it comes to replacing hardware operating systems, etc...
    yet, I know enough about the palm os (from a users standpoint) to by pass a hidden icon.

Sounds like the solution is over myhead.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by treoaggie View Post
    Thanks for your help. I would place myself in the "newbie" category...when it comes to replacing hardware operating systems, etc...
    yet, I know enough about the palm os (from a users standpoint) to by pass a hidden icon.

Sounds like the solution is over myhead.

Thanks
    You can always install SecureX from Toysoft, Inc. and tell it to block the Web program unless you input a password. That's what I do and it works well.