Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    We have sprint. My son broke his old crappy phone about a month ago (broke it in half, cheap flip phone). I then asked somewhere if anyone had a free sprint phone that they wouldn't mind giving up so that we could avoid paying the price of a new phone.

Somone gave us a treo 600 (no charge). Anyway, we brought it to our sprint store and they sucessfully switched the phone number over to the new phone.

Now comes the problem, it seems that the phone does work at times but other times it does this: You dial out, after it starts to dial, you don't see/hear anything then the top left corner says "no service" then it returns back to the main dial window and the call is aborted.

This seems to happen very frequently even at places where the old phone used to work perfectly with. Any ideas on what to do to hopefuly repair this issue?

My son really wants to use this phone but if we can't get the pone to connect to the service, it really doesn't help.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I just noticed something when playing with the phone. It appears to call out fine when it is on the charger. As soon as I lift the phone off the charger (or within a couple of seconds), it then will show "no service" on the phone and disconnenct.
    Sounds like the battery is dying or possibly the battery connector has become partially dislodged.

It's usually definitive proof when the dying battery (and/or loose battery connector) symptoms disappear when the T600 is on the charger.

There are a few threads discussing this including this one:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=74863