1.    #1  
    Hello to all,

I have been thinking about purchasing LightWav Pro. I like a lot of the features that it has. I was wondering if anyone has this app on their 700p and how well does it work? Are there any bugs, glitches or anything that I should be aware of before I purchase? Also in regards to ringtones, I read that it has a ringtone booster or something like that to deal with volume adjustment. Would I be able to use this along with VolumeCare? Or would it be pointless to get VC when I have LWP? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2700p View Post
    Hello to all,

I have been thinking about purchasing LightWav Pro. I like a lot of the features that it has. I was wondering if anyone has this app on their 700p and how well does it work? Are there any bugs, glitches or anything that I should be aware of before I purchase? Also in regards to ringtones, I read that it has a ringtone booster or something like that to deal with volume adjustment. Would I be able to use this along with VolumeCare? Or would it be pointless to get VC when I have LWP? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Waddupp!? Lightwav Pro user here.

Performance and Audio
    It has to be run from RAM for various performance reasons. One being that the ringtones won't sound at the same time phone is ringing on the callers end if it isn't in RAM.
    As far as ringtone volume? All I can say is Whoa! My girlfriend said "D@mn! Is that your phone crankin like that?" It is very loud so you will have to adjust the volume to your liking and yes it can be used with VCare. I still use VCare because the speaker volume on the 700p isn't loud enough for me.

Video Ringtones
    The Video Ringtone portion only works on GSM phones Grrrr! But I found a workaround. I use an application called AVD Video Processor to convert videos to animated gifs which LWP can use. These gifs end up being around 3Meg for 10 seconds of full motion video so you will need store them to an SD card. Just imagine your favorite music video snippet and the actual song playing via mp3 when the phone rings. It is one of the coolest things I have ever seen on my Treo.

Audio Ringtones
    It it best to store your mp3s to SD card again for obvious reasons. I can't think of the setting offhand but VC can optimize a ringtones performance. You can set ringtones to an individual or a group. Family calls they get a ringtone, friends or work calls different ringtones, girlfriend calls her personal ringtone overides the group ringtone that she is in. You can also pick the start and stop point of a ringtone. So if you only want to hear the hook you don't have to edit the ringtone outside of LWP.
    Also one last feature that is cool is say you don't like the regular way the phone rings when you make a call. You can assign a ringtone for outgoing calls.

Big suggestion: Use the built in LightWav player for ringtones you will get more functionality and better performance that way.

You'll have to play around with it but for me it was worth every cent.

Peace,

DREi
    Last edited by drei22; 08/23/2006 at 08:29 AM.
  3.    #3  
    thanks DREi for the info. but when you are referring to running the app on RAM I have no idea what your talking bout. I'm a real newb when it comes to the Treo & all the "lingo". how does running this app effect the battery life? anyone else have anything they would like to add?
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2700p View Post
    thanks DREi for the info. but when you are referring to running the app on RAM I have no idea what your talking bout. I'm a real newb when it comes to the Treo & all the "lingo". how does running this app effect the battery life? anyone else have anything they would like to add?
    Some people use applications such as Powerun, ZLauncher or Megalauncher 6.1 to move applications so that they can run from the SD card. But don't worry about it if you don't know then you will definitely be running it from RAM. Battery life is unaffected.
    Quote Originally Posted by drei22 View Post

Also one last feature that is cool is say you don't like the regular way the phone rings when you make a call. You can assign a ringtone for outgoing calls.

DREi
    is this an option that can still be used on lightwav build 50?

i do not see the option ...?