1.    #1  
    I have been using Avantgo since it first came out - back in the day when wireless syncing wasn't either possible, or atleast practical it was GREAT. There was lots of great content and new content providers being added regularly. Over the past two years not much has changed with Avantgo - though they have lost many of their dedicated content providers and I haven't seen anything new out of the company in - well - years.

Has the advent of RSS feeds and the proliferation of fast wireless access and the evolution of browsers like Blazer conspired to make Avantgo obsolete?

I still use it as a convenient way to store weather forecasts and video rental reviews and movie showtimes, and I will read articles from the NYTimes and Wired when I am flying or accessing the web via Blazer isn't convenient, but it is no longer my most accessed app like it was a few years ago...

How much longer can Avantgo survive? Is anyone really dying to click thru one of their push advertisements? Do they have any other revenue stream?
    I stopped using it when I went from my Treo 300 to my Treo 600 snd certainly don't have any use for it with my 700p.

I can only see using it if I was about to board a long flight and could download a ton of news, etc.
    my 2 cents
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I stopped using it because it kept losing my account settings when switching between hotsync and wireless syncs... a major PITA...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Works fine for me, I keep synced to my SD card. I always sync it directly via network connection. I don't read it all that much, but it's a better and faster alternative than trying to read different mobile news pages for me. Cellular data can be damn slow sometimes, especially response times.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Maybe I'll give it another shot...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I think AvantGo's slogan should be:

"Never be without bathroom reading again."

Admit it. You know I'm right.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Same here i used to use Avant Go in my 300 and 600 days but with the 700p and my 650 i totally forgot about it, plus i was saving memory room.
    AvantGo doesn't seem to be putting much energy into quality content. It has a couple of things that are mostly replaceable, but I still keep it around for old times sake.
  9.    #9  
    Since Avantgo is a privately held company there is no/little data available on the company. I also keep it around, basically for old time's sake - the upper left icon on my Main screen would just look wrong without it. That being said, I wouldn't be suprised if one day soon it just stopped syncing and the site simply went dark...
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    ive stopped using it and rely on quicknews instead
    once avantgo went with wireless updating it never worked right on my 600 nor on my 700p

i am missing very very little w/quicknews and in fact i find qn much faster updating
    Why you are so worried Avantgo?? If you like it then use it, why bothered to ask if everyone still like it? Sounds like you are one of Avantgo staffs who are concerned about losing profit.....

If you just want to know about other alternatives, then a easy search in forum can help you find many RSS readers and softwares are available...
    I dont work for Avantgo but I am also care. In the old days I used it constantly and it was my best program. I think it nastolgic , Like several posters said, i dont use it anymore but cant get rid of it because it just wouldnt seem right not to see the Avantgo icon on my screeen. How many times i read the news on the can or on the train.