1.    #1  
    Hello all and thanks in advance for your help.

Here is the situation,

I need a program which can transfer iTunes music (AAC) to my Treo 700p (mp3). I tried burning the music using iTunes however the songs on the CD are seen as one track (I guess its an iTunes thing). I tried burning as data which did not help (again iTunes security I guess.) iTunes will not convert aac to mp3 (violation of DRM.)

So what programs can I use to convert and transfer aac from iTunes and iPod to mp3 so I can then drag and drop to SD card?

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Use Audiograbber to rip to mp3.

Google for Audiograbber and you'll find it.
    I just recently purchased 11 songs on I-Tunes. I burned them to a CD (they showed up as seperate tracks but seem to have lost the song titles). I then ripped it from the CD using Windows Media Player and, once on my hard drive (as unprotected - no DRM), renamed the files and added song info and then transferred to my Treo. It wastes a blank CD but that is less that $0.50. I also don't know if there is audio degradation but I am not that much of a sound buff to really know the difference.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Don't think of it as wasting a CD. You're making backup copies of it, in case something ever happens to iTunes or the purchased songs on your computer. It does bite that you have to fill out the song info, but if you bought hundreds of songs and lose them all, it may be easier to type out the names than paying for them again (I'm not sure if you can download them again).

I've been wanting to back them up, but I haven't bought that many and don't listen to music much on my Treo. Mainly, it's on my computer or a CD player, soon to be an iPod.
    mocean from motionapps I believe is/can transfer your iTunes to your Treo. I am not sure however as I am not using iTunes ...
    I think it'll sync, but it won't de-DRM the music. I've you're looking just to sync like that, I believe there are some other apps that'll do it, if you don't want to switch to mOcean.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Use a rewritable cd and you don't have to waste a cd at all
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I just recently purchased 11 songs on I-Tunes. I burned them to a CD (they showed up as seperate tracks but seem to have lost the song titles). I then ripped it from the CD using Windows Media Player and, once on my hard drive (as unprotected - no DRM), renamed the files and added song info and then transferred to my Treo. It wastes a blank CD but that is less that $0.50. I also don't know if there is audio degradation but I am not that much of a sound buff to really know the difference.

I was trying to get music on my Treo from I-Tunes so I could use it as a ringer. I used the method above and transferred it to my sd card. Using File-Z, I can see the music on the card but lightwav doesn't find it. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21 View Post
    mocean from motionapps I believe is/can transfer your iTunes to your Treo. I am not sure however as I am not using iTunes ...
    I couldn't get mOcean to work. It also doesn't help that their instruction manual is outdated and customer service is unhelpful.
    Mowgli the Jungle Boy
    ---------------------------------
    Orange Handspring Visor Deluxe
    Tungsten T
    Treo 700p VZW