Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    WITHOUT Proxy mode being used, with a 700p and WITHOUT a PAM account, will PDANet allow native high speed access for the laptop. I can't seem to get a specific answer to this question.

Basically I would rather buy PDAnet without hacking my ROM, but if I have to sacrifice speed due to Proxy mode, than I would rather hack the Treo.

Any answers?

THanks.
    Mark F Chinsky
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    You get high speed with PDANet and not hacking your Treo. I've been using it over the last few days. I did, however, sign up for PAM. I tried the Proxy mode once and couldn't get it to work, but I didn't try that hard. I also haven't tried the EVDO optimized mode either, yet.

Joe
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Thanks. To clarify, I'm want to do this with Sprint and has anybody done this who doesn't pay for PAM?
    Mark F Chinsky
    Mulcher,

If you do a search, I think people have already confirmed that they are not seeing any charges. This is even without PAM on Sprint.

Having said that, I have been using USB Modem for the past 2 months. I am on Sprint and do not have PAM. I only have Power Vision. I have yet to have any data charges show up. I tested both USB Modem and PDANet (both proxy and non-proxy mode). Data useage from PDANet did not show up on my bill either. I personally prefer to use USB Modem over PDANet. I found it to be more efficient and more stable than PDANet. And also cheaper. No....I do not work for the company that makes USB Modem. Just a Treo Fan. YMMV