1.    #1  
    Hello I have a 700P and just installed Filez but nothing shows up under internal or my external card, is anyone else having this problem? The program loads fine and all, I am lost can someone help please or am I missing something. I do have the latest version of the software I believe version 6.83. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Make sure you're tapping on the triangle to the left of "Internal" or "Card," not the word itself.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegsxr
    Hello I have a 700P and just installed Filez but nothing shows up under internal or my external card, is anyone else having this problem? The program loads fine and all, I am lost can someone help please or am I missing something. I do have the latest version of the software I believe version 6.83. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    That is normal behavior and as Tom mentioned above, to the left of "Internal" for the device itself, and to the left of "External," if you have a card, are little "triangles" pointing to the right. If you tap on those, they will point downwards and your files will appear. You can then tap on Filename to have your files sorted in acending or decending order or select what field is to be displayed at the far right by tapping on the page icon and selecting Creator, size, type, etc. and then tapping on that field to sort in ascending or decending order. Tapping on a filename selects it and then tapping on the pulldown menu gives you a set of actions to perform on that file. It is pretty straightforward. I don't remember if FileZ comes with a manual but, that should be enough to get you started.
    also in the preferences you can change this "expand/collapse" trigger to be the name instead of the triangle. I did that so I can easily use filez with my thumb (single hand operation) instead of trying to tap those small triangles all the time.

change "select folder by:" to icon instead of name.

take care!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    NOW you tell me. I've been poking at the little triangles for two years now! I didn't realize you could change it so you could tap on the words.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  6.    #6  
    omg I am such an ***** =P thanks for the help, I guess next time I try installing new softwares, I should wait till the morning and not in the middle of the night hehe. Thanks a million guys, this forum is great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    change "select folder by:" to icon instead of name.
    take care!
    That's cool!