1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I have been using Versamail 3.1 quite happily with my Vodafone (Italy) e-mail account for several months.

Since a few weeks, however, I am no longer able to read my mail.After 'Connecting to mail server ...' I get the error message -ERR[AUTH] invalid user or password.

I am quite sure that this malfunction coincided with a change of the Vodafone Portal and their e-mail service; anyway, the settings that used to work (and which I haven't changed) do not work any longer.
    [I have since then also a problem with the SMS notification ... see extra thread]

I spoke with Vodafone support who recommended to check the settings according to what they say on their web site. Did that (well, they hadn't changed actually). Created a new account. It still does not work.

Funny enough, though, I can send messages ... No comment.

I don't think that it is much of use to call Vodafone support again without having an idea what the problem could be - so anybody here who had a similar experience ? What else can I try ?

Would upgrading to a later version of Versamail or using another e-mail app solve the problem ?

Many thanks in advance for suggestions - Jurgen

EDIT: A password change solved the problem
    Last edited by jurgen; 08/22/2006 at 09:52 AM.