1.    #1  
    I might be missing something, but I can't figure out how to password protect my treo upon startup. I got the keyguard, but no password. Help please...thanks!
    Go to Applications and pick the Security icon (a Lock). It's very clear from there...
    I would hesitate to recommend the built-in security app. I activated it a while back, and used it for about a week. Prior to activating it, I hadn't had a spontaneous reset in months. I haven't had a reset in the week or so since I stopped using it.

During the week I had the security app enabled, my Treo reset 3 or 4 times.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    thanks. I hid the security icon using obfuscate. doh
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I would hesitate to recommend the built-in security app. I activated it a while back, and used it for about a week. Prior to activating it, I hadn't had a spontaneous reset in months. I haven't had a reset in the week or so since I stopped using it.

During the week I had the security app enabled, my Treo reset 3 or 4 times.
    Thanks for the warning. I personally don't use it but I hope others will confirm similar behavior as I have so much on the Treo these days that I was considering enabling Security...
    Quote Originally Posted by bvd1147 View Post
    thanks. I hid the security icon using obfuscate. doh
    Let us know if you have resets...

Hmmm, I could have used the new multiquote function on those two posts and merged them into one.
    I use the security app. No resets but the auto luck feature hardly ever works. The Treo600 was a bit more reliable locking but also hit/miss.
    Resets are so hit or miss it's hard to predict what will happen on any given Treo. The security app may have conflicted with some other app that I use (and you don't), or been affected by my usage pattern, which is undoubtedly different than yours.

If it fills a need, try it, but be aware of the potential for problems.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Used the security app on the 600 and now 700P. I hardly experience resets on both.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I have the built-in security set to auto-lock after 3 hours, but it has never auto-locked. I also have it set to lock on getting an SMS with a super-secret password using Butler.

I used PDA Defense on my 600 and it worked well, but that program is bascially no longer with us. I would like to find something reliable that would do an auto-lock after x hours/minutes of non-use.
  11.    #11  
    Well since the first post, I have b1n using the default security app with no problems (knock on wood). I have it set for auto lock after 1 hr and so far so good. Thanks for the replies.