1.    #1  
    Ok. So I have tried virtually all IM clients out there... Causerie, IM+, Mundu 3, Verichat, Chatopus, CC Lite, and Agile Messenger... Well, now I am having a problem... I keep losing my connection to MSN Messenger on the PC "because I have been logged on from another location"!!!

And the problem is, the only one I have left on my treo is verichat, and I have it set to disconnect and log off all my IM's when I leave verichat!

Does anyone have any clue what may be going on? Could it be that my settings for background running or always on for one of these apps has stayed active on a server somewhere and that is what is happening?

Could anyone help me out? It is quite annoying!

EDIT: Oh, and I know it is not verichat now because I watched it get logged off MSN while it was sitting in my cradle! LOL
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    It is probably one of the IM services with their own server like Causerie or VeriChat. They all have the option to keep you online even if you exit the program. Despite what you see, it's probably VeriChat's servers: go into VeriChat's preferences, and select the option to have multiple logins from the same account. If you can now log in from your PC, you know it was VeriChat. If that doesn't work, reinstall Causerie, configure it for same account, sign in, then click on the "X" in the top right corner. It will disconnect you from MSN.

I can't recall if the others you mentioned use servers.....
    Last edited by dcpmark; 08/21/2006 at 04:32 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Re-installed Causerie, and deactivated Always On mode for both Causerie and Verichat. STILL happening. I can log on fine either at the 700p or on the PC, but eventually I get logged on somewhere else and lose my connection. IM+ I know uses MSN's server right? What about Chatopus or Agile Messenger?

Any help here people? This is driving me nuts!
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Re-installed Causerie, and deactivated Always On mode for both Causerie and Verichat. STILL happening. I can log on fine either at the 700p or on the PC, but eventually I get logged on somewhere else and lose my connection. IM+ I know uses MSN's server right? What about Chatopus or Agile Messenger?

Any help here people? This is driving me nuts!
    Chatopus connects to a Jabber/XMPP server and it uses MSN gateways to talk to MSN.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah I think it was chatopus... I noticed a jabber.mediak.msn or soemthing like that in my contact list on my GMail account (which also shows people using GTalk). i knew that was for Chatopus/Jabber to communicate with MSN. I deleted it from my contact list and haven't had the problem since.