1.    #1  
    I need some major help with think db, a GOOD online manual, or even better someone willing to hold my hand and help me set up a tinybyte to calculate my time card. Now I have tried almost all of the time tracking tinybytes, and none of them do what i want them to.

Would like something that can pull info from my DB+, automatically calc OT, and track Time Off. The hardest function will be to calc two different pay rates, (I have 2 jobs, 1 payroll dept).

any input will be welcome.
    You might try asking this on the Yahoo Groups Forum for ThinkDB. They've been very helpful to me and you find out that someone else has done this already. http://groups.yahoo.com. (formerly e-groups)
    "We are the people are parents warned us about."

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    Originally posted by Bells&Whistles
    Would like something that can pull info from my DB+, automatically calc OT, and track Time Off. The hardest function will be to calc two different pay rates, (I have 2 jobs, 1 payroll dept).

any input will be welcome.
    ThinkDB by itself does not have the ability to access info from the Datebook. It WILL access the address book, and any field in it.

Time calculations are fairly easy, since there are time and date variables you can use as fields. Adding numbers from different fields in the same record is easy, but adding up the same field from different records doesn't appear possible by default. Knowing this, I'd suggest you create a field for each payable day in a given pay period. Each record can be another pay period. You can clone tinybytes, so I'd suggest making a second one for your second job.

When you edit a time variable field in any record, you can select "NOW" as the time to enter. If you'd enter a begin time when you start work, and an end time when you finish, a third expression field could easily calculate the "worked time", and even mulitply it by a pay/hour constant.

There. That's a start. It can probably be done in ThinkDB, but you may have to invent a new way to do it. Forget classic time tracking. Do it the TinyByte way!

Hope that helps.

Dave B.
    There is nothing yet made by man that cannot be improved upon.
    ...Also, with an if/then field, you can set it up to have everything under 40 hours multiplied times your normal rate, and everything over 40 multiplied times your ot rate. I've found the easiest way for me is to have one entry per week, the calculations are easier that way... Just set a tab for each day and a tab for totals (I also have a tab for tax, so I always remember what The Man takes away from me).

If you want, I can send you what I'm using. Hit me with a private message w/ your email.

Dieter
  5. yim
    i did a test drive a several time card programs when i first got my visor over a year ago, and ended up buying Alltime by iambic software. The thing i like about it was how easy it was to coustomize, run and export into tiny sheets which interfaces with excel. i am sure there are newer, better ones out there by now. I not into programing, so really can't help you much there.
    Jim Klapste
    jimmy@newnorth.net
    http://www.newnorth.net/~jimmy/