1.    #1  
    I've read a lot of the post on here about multiple devices and backwards compatibility but I just want to ask the question to make sure this works.
    With v1.1, you can only connect one bluetooth device at a time, correct?
    With v1.2, you can connect multiple (4?) devices at a time so you can use your earpiece with a bluetooth GPS at the same time, correct?
    Now, the question I have is can you use multiple devices of different generations or do the multiple devices all have to be 1.2? Can I use a Holux 1.1 bluetooth GPS while using a 1.2 earpiece?
    Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Actually, Bluetooth 1.x only supports one device at a time. Bluetooth 2.x supports more than one device, but I don't believe at the same time. For example, Bluetooth 2.x headets can be paired to two devices.

Joe
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Forgive my bluetooth ignorance.

Does this mean that my Treo 700Wx can only handle one bt device at a time?

(i.e., if I'm using a bt headset, I can't talk on the phone (via that set) and use my bt gps receiver at the same time?)
    I noticed this on Palms website.

* Have multiple connections with Bluetooth® version 1.2

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...0/details.html

Is this wrong?
    I thought both could handle multiple devices at a time, up to 7 simultaneously. It has nothing to do with the standard (1.1 vs 1.2) but the PalmOS bluetooth stack. The new stack with 1.2 implements multi-threaded bluetooth connections, which allows multiple simultaneous connections, but has caused a more buggy, less stable connection also.

Surur