1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 650. I was using versamail but now have installed Beyound Contacts from Davitz with INBOX TOGO. I would like to have LIVE email. Am I stuck with using versamail every 2 minutes? THere is an application from Davitz that is called roadsync. Does my isp or cingular have to support this or can i just use it. I tried but to no avail. Lost on domain names etc. Any info would help.

Thanks
    Iambic Mail, part of the Agendus Pro package, has a "check mail every x minutes" option.
    Chatter? It is the only push solution I know for the 650.
  4. pkx
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Another vote for chatter (www.chatteremail.com) - true push with a compatible IMAP mail server. Works great.
    I'm on the same train again....Chatter
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I don't think you will find any threads that talk about the best email app. And if you do, I'm sure chatter is rated the worst ever!
    Just call me Berd.
    Can you really not wait 2 minutes for an email to arrive? I just don't get the whole 'push' deal when you check email every 5 minutes, even. Anything that critical otherwise, you KNOW it will be coming, and you can just check manually...
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Chatter Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by StarmanDX
    Can you really not wait 2 minutes for an email to arrive? I just don't get the whole 'push' deal when you check email every 5 minutes, even.
    From my understanding, it's not only a matter of waiting, but of avoiding missed calls. GPRS seems to block incoming calls during the email account sign in process, because data and voice cannot simultaneously be transferred. If you have to sign into your account every 2 minutes then that can equal alot of calls getting shoved to voice mail.
    How about setting it up to send you a text alert? I know yahoo and FuseMail have an alert thing, not sure about the others. You could always try to forward them to an alerting account. Then, when you get the alert, do a "Get" in Versamail, or, with Chatter, it'll do it for you.
    CHATTER but I have not seen many postings about it though
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Chatteremail for sure. It is amazing, Marc Blank is constantly improving it. IMAP account is necessary for the PUSH mail.