• Better than your 650.

9 12.50%
  • About the same as your 650.

13 18.06%
  • Noticably less than your 650.

23 31.94%
  • Significantly less than your 650.

24 33.33%
  • AND I've contacted Palm, VZW, Sprint about this issue.

6 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Seido Extended Battery for Treo put to the test

I noticed this popped up over at MyTreo.net

They tested w/o the phone radio on and using a Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by jocamero View Post
    Seido Extended Battery for Treo put to the test

I noticed this popped up over at MyTreo.net

They tested w/o the phone radio on and using a Treo 650.
    That article reads like it was paid for by Seidio and the author didn't want to offend them. 33% claimed increase but less than a 16% increase when tested. That's under half of what Seidio is claiming.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmookid View Post
    I did a test and took my phone off the charger at 6 am. I left it on my desk the whole day, didn't get any phone calls, used it very little - just once an hour or so to check battery life. This is on brand new battery. Ive disabled keyboard lights, and did the keyboard hack (though it still blinks), EvDO was running. Chatter is installed and configured to connect to imap accounts, just like my 650 did.

My week old 700p at 8pm was at 17% - there is no way it would have lasted the night.

I'm thinking of returning it and getting a replacement.
    Somethings got to be wrong. Is Beam off? I myself turn location off so the keyboard hack would be useless for me (tried it already). I use my native email application, so I don't know how Chatter does, but I have heard some issues with the juice on these boards with it.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    That article reads like it was paid for by Seidio and the author didn't want to offend them. 33% claimed increase but less than a 16% increase when tested. That's under half of what Seidio is claiming.
    I won't even waste my time with Seidio at the moment. I don't think its enough battery for the extra weight.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5.    #45  
    Haha, oops. MTDN sells the batteries in their store too. Somewhat of a conflict of interest IMO.
    I ended up replacing my 700p with another 700p. I have another 6 days to decide if I want to keep it or not. I was sure that I had a defective unit but after further testing I'm thinking the drain is coming from Chatter.

I took the brand new 700p and let it run a half a day without Chatter installed. The phone did very well on battery usage. As soon as I started using Chatter (setup with IMAP) the battery started using 3-5% per hour idle.

I did not have this problem on the 650. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next, I really don't want to use another email client.
    Just buy two more battery. That's what I am planning to do now.

So has anybody actually dual ##EVDO#, and disable to boardband, and run a test?
  8.    #48  
    When I ran my original tests I wasn't in an EVDO area. I don't know if it searches for EVDO or if that would use additional battery.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    So has anybody actually dual ##EVDO#, and disable to boardband, and run a test?
    When I ran my original tests I wasn't in an EVDO area. I don't know if it searches for EVDO or if that would use additional battery.
    Doesn't phone battery run out faster in the out of coverage area than the in-coverage area?
  10.    #50  
    That may be so but 1xRTT isn't considered 'out of area'. Only the major cities have EVDO. In fact the previous Treo didn't even have an EVDO radio, only 1xRTT.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Doesn't phone battery run out faster in the out of coverage area than the in-coverage area?
    That may be so but 1xRTT isn't considered 'out of area'. Only the major cities have EVDO. In fact the previous Treo didn't even have an EVDO radio, only 1xRTT.
    I still think you should disable EVDO and do one more test. ALot of us don't have an active 650 to do comparison anymore.

Take one for the team.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123