1.    #1  
    So I just got a new treo.....and was reccomended D.A. from keefer...and it got me thinking...what are the best or some notable free programs for the 700p?

so far i have toccer, directory assitant, filez, minitones,TCPMP, and KMaps on my list....what are your guys favorite freewares?
    There is many posted on other threads, just do a search. You can also go: http://freeware-palm.com
    For me that's VERY usefull is Handzipper Lite, it will UnZip all Zipped files, works great...Good Luck!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    One of the GREAT advantages - and one that is underdiscussed - is just how many free programs for Palm OS versus Windows Mobile.

FREE programs now appearing on my 700p:

Avantgo - The original website grabber, requires registration and a desktop conduit, but a handy group of mobile-optimized sites for weather and news downloads. Great for long trips when you wont have web access and want to be able to read the NYTimes, or Wired, or Accuweather.

Directory Assistant - it would have been enough to provide a directory lookup, but this program grabs the address and offers to add it to your address book too - among other things. An amazing piece of work.

Flight Status - put together by a high school kid. This program tracks flight status and real time tracking of US airlines. With this program you have better information on where a traveling spouse is RIGHT NOW than they do.

Filez - The original free Palm file manager

Kmaps - as good as the free map apps get, requires Java Runtime

NVBackup - a free backup utility, meets most peoples needs and then some.

Stopwatch - a fun program that does just as the name implies

TCPMP - a free media player than plays a number of video and audio formats. If you like to download shows and clips from sources like Limewire, TCPMP is your new best friend.

TideTool - calculates tides for locations worldwide. Very handy/indespensible for boaters.

TV2Nite - TV listings for major networks, requires Java Runtime.

WISER - a free first responder program that IDs dangerous chemicals and their risk factors.
    Last edited by Keefer Lucas; 08/21/2006 at 06:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    CardTXT - a native text file reader

Snap - takes screen shots of your device

SolFree - free solitaire card game

Pyramid - another free card game

KeyCaps - useful utility for typing on the Treo
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Converter v2.2 - Converts practically everything, including European clothing sizes

Tip Pro - Tipping Calculator
    Last edited by D-Luks; 08/21/2006 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Formatting
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    SnapCalc (pop-up calculator within any program) is another great one...
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I didn't read the thread thouroughly, so If someone already mentioned this sorry.

Along with others mentioned, I have to add Palm Vnc. Works great with my Macs and OsxVnc.

I also love the included calender app on my 700p, but that doesn't really count.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    hey has anyone list free games that works under 700? thx to Rob T I'll give SolFree and Pyramid a try. not much of a card player.

btw: OpenChess works on 700 in normal playing mode, but a few bugs on the icon menue ... no it's not reset just doesn't do anything or can not return to the game had to exit the program than open again to return.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Treo Messenger for Yahoo!
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Treo Messenger for Yahoo!
    Theres a free yahoo messenger app?? where did you get that?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Well, I just installed SnapCalc and it's great!

You can never have too many freeware threads. Every time I read through a thread like this I find something I can use.

Thanks!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaMighty1
    Theres a free yahoo messenger app?? where did you get that?
    Here's a link to it on mytreo.net:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-619.html
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    I wish LEDHead worked on the 700p. Those were some of my favorite games.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76
    I wish LEDHead worked on the 700p. Those were some of my favorite games.
    It doesn't work on the 700p? It works great on the 650. That stinks because I like that one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    It doesn't work on the 700p? It works great on the 650. That stinks because I like that one too.
    Maybe it does and I just don't know how to work it. How do you use the controls on the 650? It will load the games, but I've tried pushing every button and nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76
    Maybe it does and I just don't know how to work it. How do you use the controls on the 650? It will load the games, but I've tried pushing every button and nothing happens.
    I see. It must be because the 700p uses a different button layout than the 650.