1.    #1  
    i have ripped about 14 of my own movies... just wondering if there is a collection of movies, videos, etc out there anywhere that i could also pull from...

thanks in advance -
    -jscott
    It sure would be nice to find such a site. Even as a pay service. Just look at the steps we must go through to rip. We are living in modern times with pre historic...ah well I still love my 650.
    I'm sure there is, illegal avenues, but you risk viri and what not. I just ripped a few of mine and left it at that. Although, I just have 1 1GB card, and with the transfer speeds and other things on the card, I'm only able to put 2-3 movies (more, if they're tv shows).
    I use a WinTv150 (payed 79.00) TV card to record shows and movies on my home computer. I can play back through my TV, watch on the computer while my wife watches one of her shows, or I can convert it with Pocket DVD Studio (or some other conversion program) to watch on my 650. Quality is excellent and a never ending supply of things to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas View Post
    I use a WinTv150 (payed 79.00) TV card to record shows and movies on my home computer. I can play back through my TV, watch on the computer while my wife watches one of her shows, or I can convert it with Pocket DVD Studio (or some other conversion program) to watch on my 650. Quality is excellent and a never ending supply of things to watch.
    Or just pay $10/mo. and get MobiTV www.mobitv.com on your Treo! (Discovery Channel, Fox Sports, Comedy, MSNBC News, you name it..........30 some odd channels)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Check out http://www.neurostechnology.com and sniff around for the Neuros MPEG4 Recorder 2 PLUS. About $160.00. I've had one for a month and am preparing a review. You can stuff two SD cards into it (up to four gb each or whatever the biggest capacity SD cards they sell these days are - I have two 2gb SD cards in it, one in its SD slot, one in its CF slot with an adapter) and it will record MPEG4 in about ten different screen sizes and four different quality modes (and also record in 3GP format). It has no screen on it (thus its low price) as it uses your teevee to display its GUI. Once a video (from any source (I have it hooked to my digital cable box) is recorded, you can pop out the card and literally pop it into your Treo and watch it with TCPMP (as long as you have the AAC plug-in), or copy it to your confuser and watch itwith any number of programs (the free VLC is probably the kick-assin'est cross platform video player in the world).. or leave the card in the player and play videos back on your teevee just as you would with a VCR.

In fact, if you picture in your mind a VCR the size of two decks of playing cards side-by-side Iit really is that tiny).. that's how small the Neuros is.

Like I said, I'll have a review up shortly around the time TC is stocking it in the store.

But in function, it's similar to what I said about the Gemini iKey in my review here: "If you can hear it, the iKey can rip it." In the case of the Neuros, assuming you have it cabled correctly, if you can view it on your teevee, you can rip it.

Edited to add that the Neuros MPEG4 Recorder 2 Plus needs NO computer connection whatsoever. No teevee tuner card. Nothing. It does NOT connect to your computer. It's totally free-standing. they just added a bunch of sample videos recorded in its various resolutions to their site.

And today they just added an illustrated quick setup tutorial here:

http://wiki.neurostechnology.com/ind...PSP_smartphone

Check'em out and ignore all the iPod and PSP stuff (unless you have those too and actually care..) .. the videos I've made with the Neuros play beautifully on both my 650 and 700p with TCPMP

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 08/28/2006 at 07:15 PM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    try www.vicelounge.com there were about 100 3gp formatted movies posted in the forums...Syriana and Dave Chappelles Block Party played fine on my treo 600
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here