1.    #1  
    Does Card Export II work with the Hotsync cable that came with the the Treo? If it does work with the Hotsync cable will using Card Export II cause any problems using the hotsync function or does the computer recognize them as different programs? I am assuming when you disconnect Card Export II you must activate the program again to use it, thus not affecting Hotsync operation.
    The standard Hotsync cable works just fine. You need to launch Card Eport II on the Treo and then "Connect" to the computer. If you don't do these 2 steps, the computer does not see the Treo "drive" and the Hotsync works normally. I have not tried to Hotsync while Card Export II is running but assume that might cause problems. After using Card Export II, you "Disconnect" and exit the program to return to normal Hotsync operations.
    Yes, it does work with the OEM sync cable. Synchronizing applications hate sharing resources. If HotSync is started before Card Export II, then Card Export II will not work. I'm not positive about the converse. But I imagine HotSync will sieze up the line the first chance it gets.

4.    #4  
    So if I use Card Export II and it is connected I should avoid pressing the sync button, but as long as card export II is disconnected using the sync button for normal a hotsync is fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedsHelp
    So if I use Card Export II and it is connected I should avoid pressing the sync button, but as long as card export II is disconnected using the sync button for normal a hotsync is fine?
    That would be my suggestion. Of course you could always connect then press hotsync and see what happens. I'm just not that curious....but if you are, please let me know..
    I wouldn't think that it's that easy (unless you really try) to "accidentally" press the hotsync button by mistake. Again, like jrfaris, I have never tried that and I wouldn't suggest it eithere because normally, you should first "disconnect" and remove the temporary drive in Windows before you click on the "disconnect" button in Card Export. Failure to do so, Windows will tell you that you should remove the drive first, blah blah blah and there's the possibility that this procedure may corrupt your SD card.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws