1.    #1  
    I haven't heard this discussed by others but while I am very frustrated by the 700P's overall sluggishness, I am even more irritated by this problem.

Basically, if I am typing anything whether SMS or an email in Chatter or anything else for that matter, the 700P drops characters. It's like it gets busy doing other things(maybe due to the known DB access issues) but doesn't remember the characters I was typing during that time. It's very frustrating and I have to read every email and sms carefully to assure that everything I typed is actually there. Anybody else experiencing this or do I need to think about a phone replacement? Thanks.
    When I bought my Treo 700p, I had a missing character problem, but it was always one particular key. It would click, but unless I pushed really hard, it didn't register. I returned it the next day at the Sprint store and the next one is fine.

Is your problem always the same key or two? If so, I'd get a replacement. That's a real pain in the neck if letters don't appear.

If it's because the type-ahead buffer is not big enough to hold all your typing when it freezes, then you probably need to just make sure that you are watching the screen and wait for it to come back before typing more. We all have those freeze moments, which seem to be more common than on my 650. But it also keeps my keystrokes in the buffer if I keep typing. Maybe I just don't type as fast and as far ahead as you do?
  3.    #3  
    Do you use Chatter? It seems quite frequent while Chatter is running. It seems to be a buffer problem to me. Happens with any keys and I don't type all that fast

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbert
    When I bought my Treo 700p, I had a missing character problem, but it was always one particular key. It would click, but unless I pushed really hard, it didn't register. I returned it the next day at the Sprint store and the next one is fine.

Is your problem always the same key or two? If so, I'd get a replacement. That's a real pain in the neck if letters don't appear.

If it's because the type-ahead buffer is not big enough to hold all your typing when it freezes, then you probably need to just make sure that you are watching the screen and wait for it to come back before typing more. We all have those freeze moments, which seem to be more common than on my 650. But it also keeps my keystrokes in the buffer if I keep typing. Maybe I just don't type as fast and as far ahead as you do?