1.    #1  
    Just noticed this, but why does blazer go to the mobile version of websites automatically?

Whenever I go to google.com, it automatically goes to the mobile google site.
    Server sided scripting.

3.    #3  
    And what is that?

This doesn't seem to happen with Pocket IE.
    Anyone know a way to disable this "feature"? Drives me nuts.

Now that I have EVDO and can reasonably load a page with images on my phone, I don't want to regress to forced mickeymouse basic pages. Maybe some sort of proxy that spoofs a regular PC browser or something..?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    There's a script on the server, most likely attached to every page as a global prepend, which determines the signature of the web browser and formats the page accordingly. Pocket IE probably reads just as Internet Explorer, so the script thinks it's a desktop browser.

6.    #6  
    Hmmm... Just another reason for me to switch to the 700wx then.
    It's probably just a matter of time before Pocket IE gets it's own unique signature and sites like Google start fowarding it to their mobile versions. I just tried it on my WM2003 device and it got forwarded to Google's mobile page. So I guess it varies from device to device.

8.    #8  
    If only we could get Netfront's browser. My old Sony CLIE TH55 had the Netfront browser and there were settings you could change to make sites think you were using Internet Explorer.
    If the website allows you, you can enter the page to the PC version of it. I believe that their is a string in one of Blazer's resources that could easily be changed to look like IE6 or 5, but you wouldn't be able to alternate.

Palm would have to add a User Agent (what identifies the browser to the web server) picker.

Mostly if Blazer is redirected to a mobile site it is because the web developer chose to do this.
  11.    #11  
    That's what sucks about Blazer. I wish Netfront browser was available to us. It was really nice on my CLIE TH55.
    This fixes some of the websites,
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ght=yahoo+mail
    There might be some issues but it does work on the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Hmmm... Just another reason for me to switch to the 700wx then.
    that would a be a dumb reason to switch to another Treo. Pocket browsers are meant to be efficient, since the screen is so small. Not meant to display full featured graphic intensive websites. If you are able to get some of those websites to come up, then great, but to say that this a reason to switch to the 700w, which has **** poor memory capacity, just sounds ignorant.

i did have the 700w and browsing on that, I can assure you, is no better than the 700p. Pocket IE has its own limitations as well.
    I think he means potentially switching to the Sprint 700wx (when available) which proportedly has twice the available memory than the Verizon 700w.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    that would a be a dumb reason to switch to another Treo. Pocket browsers are meant to be efficient, since the screen is so small. Not meant to display full featured graphic intensive websites. If you are able to get some of those websites to come up, then great, but to say that this a reason to switch to the 700w, which has **** poor memory capacity, just sounds ignorant.

i did have the 700w and browsing on that, I can assure you, is no better than the 700p. Pocket IE has its own limitations as well.
    I didn't say that was my only reason to switch to the 700WX.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucs
    I think he means potentially switching to the Sprint 700wx (when available) which proportedly has twice the available memory than the Verizon 700w.
    Correct. Today was the last day for my 700P's 30 day return period. Called up Palm and got an RMA number to return my 700P. I'll be w/o a Treo for 2-3 weeks, but I want a 700WX. Been playing around w/ a Verizon 700W and the resolution difference doesn't bug me.

I like PalmOS, but it's just really beginning to feel dated to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wkv2101
    Yup, that was the resource I was talking about. It might not be that exact resource number, but that is it.

As a warning, do not install the attached file there since that is for the Treo 600. It will cause your newer Treos to crash. If you have a 600, then you can install it.
  17.    #17  
    I wonder if this could be updated to work with the 700P. The part in the first post of that thread:

"
    -Change tSTR 4900 to the following:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 95) ^C;^Wx^H
    "

Looks just like what I had to change in Netfront's options to get it to do what I want Blazer in my 700P to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by wkv2101

That string was moved to the main application. I altered Blazer 4.3.2.1 and everything seems to be working fine. I haven't put it in a custom ROM, but I don't think there should be any stability issues. You will have to overwrite the existing Blazer in RAM, so backup if you're afraid!

Just for reference, my firmware is 01.71 and my software is Treo650-1.20-ENA.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I didn't say that was my only reason to switch to the 700WX.

Correct. Today was the last day for my 700P's 30 day return period. Called up Palm and got an RMA number to return my 700P. I'll be w/o a Treo for 2-3 weeks, but I want a 700WX. Been playing around w/ a Verizon 700W and the resolution difference doesn't bug me.

I like PalmOS, but it's just really beginning to feel dated to me.

ahh. didn't know that there was a 700WX coming. well, we'll see how that works out. with more memory, should be a lot better than the W. just hope they get the first release firmware more right than the W.
  20.    #20  
    How many ROM updates has Verizon's 700W have? The 700WX should at least have all the bugs worked out that Verizon's 700W's first ROM update fixed.