Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Missing sync is working great for my 700p and macbook-I'm wondering if the back up it does is sufficent enough? Is there a reason to get another back up app other than maybe to do auto back-ups to SD card?
    thanks
    bl
    Quote Originally Posted by blorenz
    Missing sync is working great for my 700p and macbook-I'm wondering if the back up it does is sufficent enough? Is there a reason to get another back up app other than maybe to do auto back-ups to SD card?
    thanks
    bl
    I have a 650 not a 700 mind you, but I find that missing sync does a great job of backing up my treo. I used to use backupman, but since I hotsync and backup several times a day using missing sync, I deleted backupman and have not missed it.
    There are a couple of small things which are not backed up with missing sync, for example if you have audible player, that needs to be reinstalled after a hard reset (the audible files are ok, you just need to reinstall the player prc), and for some reason datebk6 data resources prc does not backup either after a hard reset. So I suggest if you use these programs just keep the prcs on your hard drive in case you do need to restore. Everything else on my treo is restored very well by missing sync after hard resets.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I have both, and I've stopped doing hotsyncs via Missing Sync, except for app installs or adding new photos via the iPhoto conduit. I don't need a desktop calendar or any other PIM, and having your backups with you at all times when are you out and about is great. If you always have your laptop with you, though, then maybe that's not a big deal for you......
    if you can get by without using a desktop calendar or PIM (unlike me unfortunately) and dont hotsync much, I agree, a backup program like backupman on your treo would be a good thing.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    thanks
    bl