1.    #1  
    I've got a 650 w/Sprint and Versamail 3.1B. Receiving mail has worked fine, but I have never been able to send email from the Treo. It never was important to me, but I now need to use the send feature. The error messages from each of the 3 email accounts I have all seem to refer to 'relay' issues, which I have found seem to be in place to eliminate spam emails. The Versamail knowledge base says:

Troubleshooting:
    If you are having problems sending mail, use Sprintís server to send instead:

I have tried setting up the email accounts using Sprint as the outgoing server, but it seems I can't just change the outgoing server to Sprint - I have to change my username and password to Sprint's also. Is there an alternative to this resolution that will let me keep 3 distinct email accounts?
  2.    #2  
    Figured it out after a couple hours of various Google queries.
    I would like to keep my incoming server settings for my imap account, but I'm having trouble sending and would like to use smtp.sprintpcs.com for outgoing mail. Is this possible? I've searched the forums and can't find the answer to this exact questions.
    Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by winelovr View Post
    I would like to keep my incoming server settings for my imap account, but I'm having trouble sending and would like to use smtp.sprintpcs.com for outgoing mail. Is this possible? I've searched the forums and can't find the answer to this exact questions.
    Thanks!
    If you're using Versamail, it should be possible. I am set up with POP accounts, so I'm not sure if it would work with IMAP or not. Here's how I got it done:
    Under 'Account Setup', if you already have an email account, choose 'Edit', then 'Next' (after choosing an Account Name, Mail Service, and Protocol). For 'Username' and 'Password', use you imap account username and password. Then 'Next'. For 'Email Address' use your imap address. For 'Incoming Mail Server' use you imap server. For 'Outgoing Mail Server', use your Sprint server. Then 'Next'. Then 'Advanced'. Then 'Next'. On the 'Outgoing Server Settings' page, check 'Use authentication (ESMTP) and use your Sprint 'Username' and 'Password'. Click 'Done' and you should be all set.
    Again, this worked for me, using POP protocol, so I don't know for sure that it will work for your IMAP setting. Good luck.