1.    #1  
    I recommended Chatter email to a friend with a Sprint Treo 650. We're able to set up the SBC Global account okay, and received recent incoming mail okay.

But Chatter is stuck in being "Offline" and I cannot make it go online with the envelope icon no matter what I tried. We've tried installing both the current Stable and Beta version, but no luck. This same "Offline" problem means no outgoing emails can be sent.

Someone please help! Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    <moved>
    Hi, Casey. POP3 mailboxes can't stay online; did you put the mailbox on a schedule? Otherwise, it SHOULD say "Offline". And that has NOTHING to do with sending mail.

Marc
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Hi, Casey. POP3 mailboxes can't stay online; did you put the mailbox on a schedule? Otherwise, it SHOULD say "Offline". And that has NOTHING to do with sending mail.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Oooooooh! I didn't know that! Didn't realize that POP3 accounts can't stay online. Yes, I was able to put it on schedule for checking mail every 1 minute, which does work okay. I didn't realize Offline is normal for pop3, so thanks a bunch for letting me know! Casey

EDIT: I previously screwed up the outgoing SMTP settings. Now it's correct for outgoing emails!
    Last edited by Casey Cheung; 08/18/2006 at 02:03 PM.
    Casey
    I do NOT recommend schedules of less than 5 minutes for POP; it's just too much battery drain (I'd expect life of 6 hours max working at 1 minute interval).

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I do NOT recommend schedules of less than 5 minutes for POP; it's just too much battery drain (I'd expect life of 6 hours max working at 1 minute interval).

Marc

Good to know...thanks! Casey
    Casey