1.    #1  
    I am having ton of static problems with my Treo 650 and Bluetooth headsets. When I use a wired headset, no headset or the speakerphone, there is no static and the phone works fine. I get static on my bluetooth headset no matter what headset I use. If I am more than about 20 inches away from the phone, I get static. I've tried hard resetting the phone, making sure the phone and headset are fully charged, and I've tried five different bluetooth headsets:

Motorola H700
    Plantronics Discovery 645
    Jabra JX10
    Palm Compact Wireless Headset
    Sony Ericsson HBH-608

All of them have significant static when they are just two feet from the phone, no matter what environment they are in (home, work, car, etc.).

I've already gotten a replacement refurbished 650 from Sprint, but it has the same problem. Are all 650s this bad? Sprint/Palm should fix this!

Does anyone have any thoughts on fixing the problem or know of a headset that works?

I know that if the 650 were BT1.2 things would be better, but that does not help me.

Thanks for any advice!
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    BT implementation on the 650 is very weak. Many of us have tried LOTS of BT headsets (try searching) and experiences are not necessarily consistent. Ones that work for many:

SE HBH 660/662 - no longer made but you may be able to find on EBAY. Connects fast and I easily got 25 feet of range before significant static.

JX-10 - Lots seem to like. Did not work for me because of choppy voice quality and it does not deal at all well with any kind of wind.

Plantronics V510 - Best so far (my opinion) but it has a significant connection delay.

SE HBH-IV835 - Just borrowed...will test out in a couple of days

Plantronics - Discovery 655...seems to get pretty good reviews so far. Battery life a problem for me.

If you can't find a 660/662, I suggest you try the V510 (with WindStop) and/or the 655.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Try keeping the Treo on the same side of your body as the headset. I've noticed that if I put my Treo on the other side of my body, the bluetooth signal gets blocked too much and I hear static. The other poster is right too, the bluetooth implmentation isn't all that grear in the 650. I've noticed the 700p I have does much better.

Joe
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97 View Post
    Try keeping the Treo on the same side of your body as the headset...
    Thanks for the advice, but I get static when the headset and handset are just 15 inches or so apart, let alone having it on the other side of my body...