1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 is having signal strength issues at home. Second floor is strong but first floor is very weak. Considering a wireless signal booster. Takes the signal in and boosts it for better reception on my phone (Verizon).
    Are these snake oil? Any happy users?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    If you're talking about those stickers you put on the phone inside the battery bay, they're completely useless. The only real way to improve the signal is to buy a repeater and install the antenna on the roof.

Joe
  3.    #3  
    I'm familiar with the bogus boosters inside the phone.
    I am looking for a real signal booster. I've seen them for the car and the house but I'm curious how well they work and what models are a good deal.
    I have had excellent results by putting an antenna by Wilson on the back of my house. Do a search on the topic and you can find the part numbers and web link.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101066
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I don't know if you are near a Fry's Electronics but they carry a signal booster in the stores that will even tell you what frequency is being used. I looked on their site (www.outpost.com) but couldn't find it. They actually have one for the house and one for the car. The one for the house ran about $299.99 if my memory serves me. Good luck int your search.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Okay so I was in Fry's and was able to get the web site of the unit I was speaking about. Look at www.wi-ex.com . Again this unit is sold at Fry's for $299.99. Oh and I see it is also sold at RadioShack.

If anybody has used this unit, I am sure we all would like ot hear your feedback.
    My friend bought one at radio shack and is very happy. Just keep in mind, you should put a repeater in the area with at least 2 bars of signal in order to see any benefit.
    what is a repeater?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    A repeater will take the existing signal and 'amplify' it so you get additional signal coverage.