1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a better program than AutoBuddy for tracking vehicle maintenance. Most programs I found are mainly for tracking mileage and not maintenance tracking. Thanks.
    I think therefore I am.... confused!!!
    I use pFuel. I don't use it's maintenance part except to log what I did and when, but I think you can set alarms as to when is the next oil change, etc.

Hope this helps...
    - Jeeman
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Or use the built-in Documents To Go spreadsheet app. I have the following column headings:

Date of Service, Mileage, Work Done, Done By, Notes.

I use a different worksheet for wifey's car. I have 4 years worth of data that uses only 60 rows and 14K of memory. You don't need anything fancy for keeping maintenance records. This is simple, customizeable, and free.
    Last edited by Treo305; 08/17/2006 at 10:35 PM.
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
    I also use an excel spreadsheet with different tabs for each vehicle. Works great for me!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Autoslate is a good program. I've used it for a few years now.
    I'll throw in another vote for pFuel.
    pFuel.

I've tried several other freeware and trialware for this purpose and discarded all of them because of instability, incompatibility or just plain old wierd behaviour...
    I use LubeLog. Not that great of a program, but keeps track of what's important.
    Verizon 650/Tekkeon mini/Krussel classic case
    Do any of these have a desktop companion?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I had early version of TealAuto it works fine. I wish it has a "desktop" viewer to run reports. it has a "alert" say if you set 30,000 miles remind you of oil change it'll do that.

I might give PFuel a try since it's FREE.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Do any of these have a desktop companion?
    Auto Slate has a desktop application that it syncs up with.
    I like Automobile 4.0 from Linkesoft......allows for multiple vehicles and runs calculations on the fly for MPG. Has a free conduit for exporting to a csv file which you can then deal with in Excel to track other trends.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I've had a lot of resets with AutoSlate. Just checked and there is a new version available. I'll install it and hope it works better.

How good is the 5-way support in pFuel?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    How good is the 5-way support in pFuel?
    Zero support for 5-way with pFuel.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks for y'alls responses and suggestions. i might wanna try pFuel, but is this supposely for tracking mileage and has some support for maintenance? And, this is the only free program thats worth trying? Thanks.
    I think therefore I am.... confused!!!
    Despite not having 5-way support, pFuel is one of a rare breed that did not crash my Treo. It has support for Maintenance schedules and such... also graphing and statistics. Go ahead and try it, it's free.