1.    #1  
    My 700p turns on by itself a lot. I used to think that this was because of Verichat, but I dont have verichat on my 700. Why does it turn on so often (about every 10 minutes)? Are there any settings I can change to fix this annoyance?
    Where is it when its turning on?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Mine turns on when in the cradle. When it does happen, which isn't too often, it's usually within a minute or so of hanging up a call, or leaving the web.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snortch
    My 700p turns on by itself a lot. I used to think that this was because of Verichat, but I dont have verichat on my 700. Why does it turn on so often (about every 10 minutes)? Are there any settings I can change to fix this annoyance?
    Are you using Versamail? I think it turns on the screen while it is does background downloading. To save my battery life, I've gone to 30 minutes between autosyncs, and I've also shortened the Power Auto Off setting down to 15 seconds combined with using TreoMax to temporarily lengthen the Auto Off whenever I'm using an application that might require a longer amount of time.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Do you have bluetooth turned on and the bluetooth headset is also on?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  6.    #6  
    I am just on the home screen. I do have versamail running, but when it turns on by itself it doesn't bring up anything having to do with versamail. The main screen just pops on with the notice that I need to push center button to unlock. I also noticed that it comes on much more frequent than 10 minutes. maybe more like every 2 minutes. What is treomax...will this help to control auto-ons like this?
    As I have just read the whole book and got off the phone with Sprint Tech Support (not to mention, I just left a job were I did Admin on BES Server for Blackberry).

Blackberry Servers use a "Push" method to send mail to PDA's. Everyone else uses a "Pull" method to retrieve mail TO the PDA.

As not to bore you, there is a "Auto-Sync" option in versamail where you set it up to go get your mail every "X" minutes, and yes the phone will power on when it does this. To conserve my battery I set mine for 30 minutes or so. If your option is set for 10 minutes, you will kill your battery fairly quickly.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snortch
    I am just on the home screen. I do have versamail running, but when it turns on by itself it doesn't bring up anything having to do with versamail. The main screen just pops on with the notice that I need to push center button to unlock. I also noticed that it comes on much more frequent than 10 minutes. maybe more like every 2 minutes. What is treomax...will this help to control auto-ons like this?
    TreoMax (formerly NoAutoOff) lets you temporarily change Power Auto Off timer. Check this thread

As VoodooDSims noted, Versamail (if you set the AutoSync preference) can "pull" email periodically. It powers on the phone and does its work in the background, so it doesn't look like it's doing anything.
  9.    #9  
    I just checked my Versamail settings and I have always had the "AutoSync" option turned off. The mention of Bluetooth maybe causing the auto-on lead me to check the BlueTooth settings. BlueTooth is turned off. I have a tablet pc that has bluetooth and an IR port right in the front of it. I usually set my Treo somewhere near that tablet pc when I am at work...I wonder if the IR port is making a connection with the tablet and turning the treo on???

Hmmm...I'll have to do some tests.