1.    #1  
    On Monday, August 14, at 10:48 am, my Treo 650 reset itself. The error message was a Fatal Exception in Butler.

On Tuesday, at 10:15 am, it reset and the error was a Fatal Exception in Phone.

On Wednesday, at 9:48 am, it reset and the error was a Fatal Exception in VersaMail.

On Thursday (today) at 9:15 am, it reset and the error was "...while running PACE Data Store Reserve, MemoryMgr.c, Line:3778, Invalid handle"

The radio was off at all these times, and had been off overnight. I have never run VersaMail in my life, preferring Chatter, and I don't know what that PACE thing is. Prior to Monday the Treo, which I've had for 14 months, hardly ever reset itself, and I don't remember doing anything special on Sunday that might have triggered it.

ALSO, the radio turns itself on after each reset. I have since installed Phone Technician and Radio Control to explicitly tell it not to do so, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this and how to make it stop? The backwards countdown is creepy!
    symptom of early stage of AIDS.......return and refund......
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #4  
    Okay, I installed PalmInternals (couldn't find alarms.prc) and it doesn't show much:

(running 2006-8-17 at 12:08)

2006-8-17 12:08:02 m68k 644F1190
    2006-8-18 05:00:00 'RescoBackup' ref C10AF9D0
    2006-8-19 00:00:02 'ReDo'

Can I learn anything from that?
    These are the next events/applications that will activate at those times. If you get a reset around that time, then you'd suspect that application.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  6.    #6  
    Yes, I understand. But since I never have an event scheduled around 9 or 10 am, and that is the time when the Treo has been resetting every day, is there a way to diagnose my problem? Thanks!
    Try disabling "Enable Local Network Time" if enabled.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Upgrading the firmware on my CDMA 650 from 1.12 1.13a solved my increasingly prevalent MemoryMgr.c resets.

-Phil
  9.    #9  
    Okay, turning off network time sync seems to have worked, at least for this morning. Thanks!

I'm running the latest Sprint firmware and actually was considering blaming the problem on that, since it never happened before the recent upgrade.