1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint 700p using ChatterEmail version 2.0.3rc14. This morning for the first time, I keep getting an error message that says "Can't Connect"..."Retry in 188, Retry in 173," etc, etc).

I've tried doing the usual soft resets and reset connections, but the usual fixes don't work. This might simply be a Sprint network problem. Anyone have ideas about this? Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I have a Sprint 700p using ChatterEmail version 2.0.3rc14. This morning for the first time, I keep getting an error message that says "Can't Connect"..."Retry in 188, Retry in 173," etc, etc).

I've tried doing the usual soft resets and reset connections, but the usual fixes don't work. This might simply be a Sprint network problem. Anyone have ideas about this? Thanks, Casey.
    Try the new update(Beta) Version: 2.0.4b5, Marc had to update this late last night...Working better for me.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  3.    #3  
    The problem still persists today..."Can't Connect". Anyone else having this problem today? I'm thinking it's a Sprint network thing. I can't update to the new beta version until tonight.
    Casey
    Last time I had that problem I went to Edit Mailbox, re-entered my Password for in going & out going, that fixed it. Try that, see if that works...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Here's OTA link to download.... http://www.chatteremail.com/beta/indexo.php?s=load

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Last time I had that problem I went to Edit Mailbox, re-entered my Password for in going & out going, that fixed it. Try that, see if that works...

Reverend,

Holy sh!t, your suggestion worked!! I re-entered my same password for going in and out, and now I get the mailbox again! The problem is now resolved! You're a genius!

Thanks a bunch! -Casey
    Casey
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Looks like it was caused by the IP address change for your mail server. The re-entering of the info forced Chatter to re-acquire the IP address and thus solved the problem.

Knowing that there's an option "Don't Cache IP Addresses" in Preferences->Connections which by default is off (for speed reasons), perhaps Marc may want to consider adding code to re-acquire the IP automatically when Chatter fails to connect. I'm sure every Chatter user would embrace it.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    webedc, that's exactly what Marc told me a few weeks ago...Casey, I'm glad it worked, & glad to help. Have great day!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    <moved>