Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Hello all...

I seem to be experiencing a weird error on my Treo 700p. About every other time I attempt to connect to the Power Vision service while downloading mail with Snappermail, I receive a 'Communications Problem' that states "The send or receive did not complete successfully." When I view the log it says, "3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later. Unable to connect to the Internet. If problem persists try resetting your device." Oddly enough, if I exit out of this and try to initiate the connection again, it works fine. Then a third time, it will give me the same error. All during this activity, I have 4 bars of signal strength.

Anybody have any idea what is going on? Is this a problem with the phone, my Power Vision setup, Snappermail, or something else? Is anybody else experiencing this issue?
    I experienced this same issue tonight at about 2200 hours PDT and assumed that it was a PowerVision issue. I could not connect either 4Cast or Snapper. In 4Cast it would hang at the "signing on" step and then give the error you reported. My bet is a system outage.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    This has been happening to me for the past 3 months as well. So this is not a network issue. Wanted to add that one as well.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am also getting a similar error where Snapper is telling me that my comcast password is bad. I have checked and re-entered the password twice and know it's correct. I also know it's not a comcast problem as versamail is working fine as is my desktop mail program. Any ideas?
    What 3rd party apps do you have installed?
    Are any, expired demos?
    I had this problem for over a month............ Finally dissapeared after deleting some progs.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    the only 3PA's I have installed are the demos of snapper & chatter - trying to decide which is better (a topic for another post, i'm sure) and it turns out the problem is happening with both snapper & chatter but not versa or on my computer. Even more curious, my earthlink account works fine on all of the above - must be something peculiar about the interaction between comcast and these 2 apps...do snapper and chatter use the same server???