Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I could have sworn I saw a button the other day to respond to an incoming call with a text message. I've not seen it since. Did I dream that?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie
    I could have sworn I saw a button the other day to respond to an incoming call with a text message. I've not seen it since. Did I dream that?
    if you have a treo 700... its on by default.

    Answer on the left, Ingore on the right, and Ignore with text below that
  3. #3  
    Haven't played with this much yet, where do you set up the ignore text, in regular messaging/sms app?
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford
    Haven't played with this much yet, where do you set up the ignore text, in regular messaging/sms app?
    nononono

    Its for incoming calls, you ignore the INCOMING CALL via a text, it kills the ring, and brings up SMS... its default
  5. #5  
    It would be better if you could effectively "Ignore Call with Preformatted Text". With the current functionality, you Ignore With Text and then need to type out your response. If I can't take the call because I am either in a meeting or in heavy traffic, chances are I can't take the time to peck out a polite little response via text message. True, I could preformat a text message and navigate my way to that, but it would still be more involved than I would like. A better solution (IMHO) would be to allow you to craft your own message ("Sorry I can't take you call, I'll get right back to you") and have it be a one tap action to disconnect the call and send the message with no further action needed on my part...
  6. #6  
    Just as Fuman pointed out its on by default when you ignore a call, or you can have something totally automated like SharkMSG it sends out a txt automatically when you miss a call, and its free
  7. lordbah's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    #7  
    I've been looking for something to respond to an incoming SMS with a canned reply. Is there an app which does this?
  8. #8  
    at the risk of sounding harsh.....

    Your post
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah
    I've been looking for something to respond to an incoming SMS with a canned reply. Is there an app which does this?
    And the post RIGHT ABOVE YOURS!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    Just as Fuman pointed out its on by default when you ignore a call, or you can have something totally automated like SharkMSG it sends out a txt automatically when you miss a call, and its free
    Are you blind??
  9. lordbah's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    at the risk of sounding harsh.....

    Your post


    And the post RIGHT ABOVE YOURS!!!!!!



    Are you blind??
    Ahem.
    Those are about responding to incoming CALLS, I asked about responding to incoming SMS.
  10. #10  
    Egad, whose the blind one now???

    Teach me to try to do three things at once. My sincerest apologies
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    It would be better if you could effectively "Ignore Call with Preformatted Text". ...
    You can. After you hit "Ignore with Text" it takes you to the text screen. There, you hit the little box with the quotation marks in the bottm right and it pulls up canned text messages. You can add your own & save them there.
  12. #12  
    So hold on you want to respond to an SMS automatically when it comes in? like if someone sends u a txt, the person will get an auto txt?
  13. lordbah's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    So hold on you want to respond to an SMS automatically when it comes in? like if someone sends u a txt, the person will get an auto txt?
    Yup, that's what I want. With safeguards against infinite loops if both parties have it set up, customizable response based on senders ID, whatever other bells and whistles we can think of copied over from similar programs. (I had a post on this over in Shark's message forums for a few months because it sounded to me like his kind of thing, but it never went anywhere)

    P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    You can. After you hit "Ignore with Text" it takes you to the text screen. There, you hit the little box with the quotation marks in the bottm right and it pulls up canned text messages. You can add your own & save them there.
    That was my initial question...sorry if I confused FuManChu.

    I know what the default app does; I had simply used shark message in the past, and I believe it had its own customizable canned messages (separate from the SMS application's quicktext messages).

    I haven't used the new built-in ignore with sms notifyer yet, but wondered if it had same functionality or if it pulled its canned sms message options from those quicktext messages in the SMS app when you hit "ignore with SMS" button. If I'm reading correctly (despite the nononono above), it appears this is the case
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  15.    #15  
    Curious--I don't seem to be consistently getting the ignore with text message. Only when my phone is roaming. Weird.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    I haven't used the new built-in ignore with sms notifyer yet, but wondered if it had same functionality or if it pulled its canned sms message options from those quicktext messages in the SMS app when you hit "ignore with SMS" button. If I'm reading correctly (despite the nononono above), it appears this is the case
    Yup!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    You can. After you hit "Ignore with Text" it takes you to the text screen. There, you hit the little box with the quotation marks in the bottm right and it pulls up canned text messages. You can add your own & save them there.
    You apparently missed the entire second half of my post. I think that the people reading and responding to this string all have an attention span of 160 characters!

Posting Permissions