1.    #1  
    is there an app that can over the air sync my cingular treo 650 with my outlook calendar, contacts, and tasks?
    I am going to use chatteremail for push email but want my calendar and contacts to sync as well. they don't have to be instant but I don't want to hardwire sync everyday.

thanks
    rf
    Cingular Xpress Mail or Sprint Business Connect will sync Outlook e-mail, contacts and calendar. It doesn't do Tasks
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    yes but my pc has to be on all the time. I don't want that. anything else? I used xpressmail andliked it except it had to be on 24 hours on my pc
    Almost all other solutions require something on the Exchange server.. and cost a lot more than free. Those are aimed at businesses, really.

My boss has GoodLink and it's pretty slick.

Look at the new Versamail 3.5. That can sync more than e-mail and Contacts using Exchange Activesync. It costs $10.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Yup, as far as I know the full OTA sync experience is available for WM5 devices to an Exchange Server.

For those of us on the Palm platform there is the Goodlink solution (expensive) that offers the full kit of sync.

There are the redirector solutions that you don't want (correctly, I think).

And there are the incomplete solutions. Versamail 3.5 seems to be a step in the right direction. Versmail talks to my Exchange Server nicely and I think it is probably worth the $10 to get calendar, contacts, and email to sync.

Someday Chatter's Exchange plugin will come through and sync PIM data if you have an Exchange Server.

Or there's the hosted Exchange or hosted Good solution. I don't know how these work because I have my own Exchange Server and how would you keep the hosted data and my own personal Exchange Server synchronized with each other all the time? The mind boggles, Bucky. (Quote from Odd Bodkins).

Short answer after all the rambling -- I don't know of any decent solutions for you and me in the full OTA PIM sync department. We wait and hope, or we switch to WM5.
    If you get Calendar, Contacts and e-mail sync in Versamail 3.5, what else is needed to make it "full OTA PIM sync"? Tasks and Notes?

Maybe Versamail will add those in the future ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Tasks and notes are the missing pieces. And the full set of folders not just the inbox.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I use Versamail 3.5 for Contacts and Calendar Sync. Chatteremail is THE solution for e-mail and it supports Exchange sync.
    I like Xpress Mail because it keeps the Coporate Contacts and Calendar separate from the PalmOne Contacts and Calendar (which has my personal stuff). I don't want these mixed up, like Versamail does.

Once Chatter adds Calendar, I'll consider that instead. I hope it keeps the Exchange stuff separate from the Palm calendar/contacts as well.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM