Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

At the above link, you can now download .PRC files directly, as well as the ZIP file.

• Added new preference for Map Type. Selections are MapQuest & Google Maps. IMPORTANT - This is only for MAPS, NOT Directions. Directions still always use MapQuest. Note that on some devices Google maps may not display at all. To get a large version of the map images on Treos, you'll want to set your browser view to Wide Page Mode. In Optimized mode, the bitmap is reduced to fit within the browser window, but it still produces a bit better map than the MapQuest PDA version.
    • Added new Maps button on main screen to provide a simple address, city, state, zip entry form (with data saved between sessions for later) to whichever map type (Google or MapQuest) you've got selected to use.
    • Added new preference for Directions Destination, replacing the previously added checkbox Send Directions to Memo. Now the choices are "Browser", "Memo + Go To", "Memo Save Only", and "Ask Each Time". The first choice calls up your selected browser with the MapQuest Directions URL. The second choice parses the result of a directions query into a new memo record and switches to the Memos application with that new record showing. The third option creates the memo, but does not change over to the Memos application. The final option forces a dialog box to appear on each directions search to give you the choice among the other 3 options.
    • Fixed for no longer getting multi-page business results.
    • Upon re-entry to a screen where the first field has text, it will be highlighted, thus making it easier to start a new query by just starting to type.
    • Removed dialer type preference, force to direct dial on new installs. Needed space on the screen and this option only applied to a couple of older smartphone types no longer in widespread use.
    • Change to only send first 3 digits of Canadian Postal Codes to maps and directions, as the 2nd 3 digits would result in MapQuest errors.
    • More intelligent handling of directions response containing: "MapQuest found a similar location" when using directions to memo feature. DA will attempt to execute the requery that the page is suggesting, with MapQuest's suggested changes to input parameters. DA will warn you when this happens, as the resulting requery MAY not be what you really wanted.
    • Renamed the "Addr Book" buttons on the Directions screen "Contacts" to reflect the application name that is in common use on later devices.
    Great job Rick, thanks.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Woohoo! Thanks, rlwhitt! Now that DA works cleanly (and very quickly) with Google Maps on my Sprint 650, I can ditch Kmaps entirely. I feel a donation coming on...
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Woohoo! Thanks, rlwhitt! Now that DA works cleanly (and very quickly) with Google Maps on my Sprint 650, I can ditch Kmaps entirely. I feel a donation coming on...
    The one thing I really like about Kmaps is the ability to move the map with the 5 way.
    Fantastic tool!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Yeah great app! PayPal on its way!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Does the link to DA on post #1 replace Version 3.26 b2 ?

Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  8.    #8  
    Yes. There were a few changes after b2.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Does the link to DA on post #1 replace Version 3.26 b2 ?

Thanks, Casey.
    definitely a paypal donation coming your way.

however i have one problem. not exactly a DA problem, but when I access the google map I get a big red x where the map should be. does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
  10.    #10  
    That's what I get myself, and why I put that warning in the notes about maybe not working on some devices. I wish I knew what it was as well, I'd rather see google maps myself. But I've had people with Verizon T650s (what I have) say it works fine for them.

I hope someone can figure out what the deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by misterfantastic
    definitely a paypal donation coming your way.

however i have one problem. not exactly a DA problem, but when I access the google map I get a big red x where the map should be. does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    But I've had people with Verizon T650s (what I have) say it works fine for them.
    Works great on my Verizon 650.
    Works great on my 700P too
    The red x is a zoom level issue on google maps, just change the zoom one step down or up. I can't remember but I think the default is a city view which has too much data. Zooming to the street level gives you what you want.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    DA has become a must have application for me. I just sent Tina $10 via Paypal. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by swieder; 08/20/2006 at 10:43 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    DA has become a must have application for me. I just send Tina $10 via Paypal. Keep up the good work!
    Forgive me for butting in but who the heck is Tina? Could that be Rick's alternative ID:?
  16.    #16  
    That's my Wife. the Paypal account is in her name, but you can also paypal directly to my email ad it hits the same account.

Quote Originally Posted by gottago
    Forgive me for butting in but who the heck is Tina? Could that be Rick's alternative ID:?
    Rick,

I have noticed this with your previous version that I have, but this does the same thing. When I do a reverse lookup using a telephone number I get a person's address, but not the name. Am I doing something wrong or this is a limitation of yp.com?

By the way excellent program. Have been sing it almost daily for the past 1 year.
  18.    #18  
    It's yp.com

Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct
    Rick,

I have noticed this with your previous version that I have, but this does the same thing. When I do a reverse lookup using a telephone number I get a person's address, but not the name. Am I doing something wrong or this is a limitation of yp.com?

By the way excellent program. Have been sing it almost daily for the past 1 year.
  19.    #19  
    No, that's definately a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    Sometimes when I open DA, I get a box with just "1" in it. I hit "OK" or "cancel" (whatever the button says, I can't recall exactly right now) and then I get the regular DA home screen.

This doesn't happen all the time. Just every now and then.

Any idea what's going on?
    The "1" thing also happens to me once in a while. I'm using a Cingular 1.17 Treo 650.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast