Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The one thing happens to me every so often as well on a Sprint branded Treo 650. Not going to complain though, its still the best application on my Treo. I just bypass it and move on.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Now when i search for a business i get the following error.

NetLibSocketConnect() call, result code: 4626.

Any ideas?
    Whenever I use Directions on DirAssist, it gives me an error message that says, *We are having trouble finding a route for you locations. Please try modifying the information you entered.* Has anyone else experience this and any solutions? I have a feeling this is a mapquest problem because when I access the site on my computer I still receive the same error message. Thanks.

Taktak9
    I have been getting the same exact error and I am sunk. Being I am still learning my area I use the directions feature the most!

Quote Originally Posted by taktak9 View Post
    Whenever I use Directions on DirAssist, it gives me an error message that says, *We are having trouble finding a route for you locations. Please try modifying the information you entered.* Has anyone else experience this and any solutions? I have a feeling this is a mapquest problem because when I access the site on my computer I still receive the same error message. Thanks.

Taktak9

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taktak9 View Post

Taktak9
    Try using Google maps instead. You will need to put Blazer into Widescreen mode to get the best map. I like it much better than Mapquest. Maybe you will too.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    How useful is DA for Canadian residents?
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    Google map works for the actual map of the area but it doesn't work to give turn by turn directions yet. Only mapquest pda gives us the turn by turn directions using the treo web. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Taktak9
    Only other thing is http://wap.mapquest.com but without Dir Assistant inputting the full origin or destination addresses it is a pain to have to type everything all out. But so far its the only thing I could find with turn-by-turn directions until Dir Assist gets fixed.

Looks like Mapquest changed the pages from PDA to Mobile. Cause the mobile pages are working fine for turn by turn directions whereas the PDA site stopped working days ago.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  9.    #29  
    So there's been a format change huh? The bane of the web page scraper. I'll have to look into it....
    Yes... And another thing I didnt pay attention to until today: When you go to http://wap.mapquest.com and do a search, the results instantly change to http://mobile.aolsearch.com webpage. Like the following:

http://mobile.aolsearch.com/lnk000/=.../mqc/Home.aspx

I am on Sprint and it happened that way for me everytime. Maybe someone else with a different carrier can give you their results?
    Last edited by techprincesse; 10/03/2006 at 01:30 PM. Reason: mispellings!

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  11.    #31  
    I don't use the wap site. DA uses "www.mapquest.com/pda/directions.adp" Try your parameters in that one and see if there is still a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
    How useful is DA for Canadian residents?
    Can someone please answer this question? Surely there must be Canadians using this?
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    Can someone please answer this question? Surely there must be Canadians using this?
    I use DA on my Rogers 650 for address lookup and it works great. Haven't used the map/directions function yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    I use DA on my Rogers 650 for address lookup and it works great.
    Great to hear!
    Haven't used the map/directions function yet.
    Any particular reason why?
    I use DA for everything but the map; for the map I use KMaps - a lot more flexible, expands as you scroll, DA does not. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt View Post
    I don't use the wap site. DA uses "www.mapquest.com/pda/directions.adp" Try your parameters in that one and see if there is still a problem?
    That pda site is no longer functional. Every address I entered, even ones which I have used for directions before all failed. Even when using it from my desktop computer browser I got the same error which is as follows:

We are having trouble finding a route for your locations. Please try modifying the information you entered.

Maybe mapquest changed the pda directions site to the wap or that aolsearch link I posted above? I've never used Kmaps, only DA.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    The information DA is plugging in is correct from what I see on my device. I have never used the directions option.

As for maps, at least that function is working.

I like KMaps a lot more because it supports the scroll keys, letting you continuing chasing the map beyond the limits of those provided via Blazer. It does require that Java be installed first.

Ben
    Great to hear!
    Any particular reason why?
    Well...

• For the places I go, I have paper maps which are a ton easier to use than squinting at minute map details on a tiny phone screen.
    • For reasons I don't have to explain to Canadian cell phone users, I don't have a very large data plan, so am leary of map downloads.
    • I generally know where I'm going
    On Oahu, Hawaii, the entire island is within the city of Honolulu. Maps of the city/island are cumbersome due to the size, the layout of the island and various cities. The map books are even worse, adjoining pages are not necessarily the next area over. In some areas it is really difficult to see the street level detail on the Treo, so one has to go up a level and then the needed detail is not there. That is frankly one reason I have not looked into a GPS and frankly, looking at the street sign does the job of telling where you are and then it is not too difficult to go from there. I agree, squinting is not the best thing. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The information DA is plugging in is correct from what I see on my device. I have never used the directions option.
    The directory lookup from DA is correct, its the directions function that has gone awry. I just tried it today and the directions going through mapquest pda is still down. The other site mapquest site through wap.mapquest and aolsearch is working. I have to reenter everything though, whic makes it cumberson going back and forth trying to write everything down and then retyping it.

I would rather not use KMaps cause it and JVM uses too much memory for my tastes. I only have 2-3 necessary programs in memory (about 20+ on a 1 gig SD) and they take up all but 10 megs, to have to take 3-4 of that for Kmaps is not working for me. Guess I will wait til the mapquest/DA issue gets resolved since there is no way to install JVM on SD.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast