Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    http://www.pdatopsoft.com/images/scr...3aba19ed94.gif

Just released today.

Download URL: http://www.pdatopsoft.com/PalmOS/4INFO-Mobile---Palm
    Feature List:

Get the information you need as fast as possible. Current content services offered in this release:
    • USA TODAY News - update multiple times throughout the day
    • Sports - Data updated every 30 seconds, enables you to track your fantasy sports roster, and keep in touch with scores from around the country in MLB, NFL, NHL, NASCAR (soon), PGA, and NCAA football and basketball
    • Stock - Search for stock information
    • Weather - Find your local weather in 5 day
      forecast
    • Movies! - Find your local theatre, movie times, movie reviews, and even directions to the theatre!
    • Driving Directions - Need to find how to get there? We can help!
    • Yellow pages - Find restaurants, Hot-Spots, Coffee-shops in your area
    • Flight tracker - Check your flight status for arrival and departure.
    • Daily Horoscope - get a one-up on your day before it starts
    The downloaded Zip file has a .alx and a .cod file.

What do I do with these?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I just tried - and all it has is a PRC in it.....

Those files you described are for Blackberry?? wierd!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    The downloaded Zip file has a .alx and a .cod file.

What do I do with these?

Just looked again - looks like you were right - now there is this message:

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO GOT A ZIP ARCHIVE WITH NON-PALM FILES, THE PROPER ZIP ARCHIVE IS AVAILABLE NOW
    Looks like a great little app.

I would like to see a conduit that would allow it to update via hotsync, and update all data at set intervals...both to allow for offline browsing.

And NCAA football
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Looks like a great little app.

I would like to see a conduit that would allow it to update via hotsync, and update all data at set intervals...both to allow for offline browsing.

And NCAA football
    What device do you use that you would like offline browsing? I dont remember the last time I used hotsync.....
    I got it now. The
    http://www.4info.net/downloads/4INFO.prc
    links an older version of the application and won't work. However, the file in the Zip file in the OP's link (from what looks like a sleazy site with adult PDA applications) does.

Very slick program. Installs to the SD card. It is a front-end to searches run on their server.

Recommended.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    4Info is a weak version of On Demand in my opinion. Lost interest in it pretty quickly but if others like it I'm cool with dat.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Yeah - didnt see that adult crap - i searched PalmGear, and found it here:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodid=123357
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    4Info is a weak version of On Demand in my opinion. Lost interest in it pretty quickly but if others like it I'm cool with dat.
    What product is that? URL please...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Do you mean the handmark app? Last time I used it, i think it was costing me like $.99 cents to $3.00 per channel per month to use it.... if im thinking of the same thing.

I mean, yeah, this one is free, and new - im going to write the dev. with anything i find wrong with it - cause, im cheap, and i like free stuff
    I registered OTA on the Treo. That e-mail and password doesn't work to sign in on their web site.

But the program works on the Treo and remembers my saved information. So I'm happy.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What product is that? URL please...

Rich, I think for Palm its now called Pocket Express right? If thats the case, the URL is here:

http://www.handmark.com/products/detail.php?id=273

And, its $70!!!!!!
    This functionally similar to Handmark Express, but
    1. it's FREE !!
    2. Uses less RAM (100 K on SD card)
    3. has a few extra things like Flight Tracking.

Express user interface s better, but they store lots of data on the Treo while 4Info seems to get almost everything OTA for every query.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    When I click on the about key, it says for latest version check www.4info.net I didn't pay anything for it. Don't even remember how I got it on my phone (700p).
    Sounds like something from the same developers.

Could you post some screen-captures (using Snap)?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Don't have snap but all the screens look like the first post on this thread.
    Then why is this a "weak version" of "On Demand"?

What does it lack compared to "On Demand"?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Again, I ain't looking for an argument. I think the graphics are lame, on demand is easier to use, alerts are better but then again I like versamail so why should my opinion count? It does have one goofy function that cool. If you search the word pickup(or type pu) it will send you back a weak pickup line. Kind of funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcarthur
    What device do you use that you would like offline browsing? I dont remember the last time I used hotsync.....

I would guess that the vast majority of Treo users Hotsync at least a few times a week. I know I do daily in order to keep it synced with Outlook.

Also, I see that 4info has some Premium stuff that's available. It will bill you through your wireless carrier, so be very careful about what you sign up for.

How am I charged for premium services?
    Please note that to enjoy the use of any of 4INFO’s services, you must be a currently registered subscriber with Cingular, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, Nextel or Alltel (other carriers do not yet support our premium services).You must also agree to the Terms of Use [hyperlink to TOS page of website]. All premium service charges will be automatically added to your monthly phone bill provided by your carrier. Before signing up for a premium service, you will always be given the exact price and asked to confirm that you wish to receive that service.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast