Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I actually like the user interface. From the main search page, you can get a lot of info....
    for example:

type: tiger results in: Tiger Wood's golf scores from last tournament
    type: ucla results in: schedule for UCLA's next football game
    type: pizza, 90012 results in: pizza joints in zip code 90012
    type: aapl results in: stock performance for Apple Computers
    type: dodgers resuls in: game scores & upcoming schedule for LA Dodgers
    Personally, I think this app is great. Some complaints I do have, though, are that when I clicked "Add City" under weather, it sat saying "loading" for about a minute before giving me an error saying I was "entering an area of poor reception, and this application depends on the network", and sunrise and sunset both appeared as null.

It still added my city to the list, so it's not that big a deal, and I couldn't really care less about not knowing the sunrise/sunset, but having nulls there is kind of annoying

As a nitpick, it'd be nicer if the saved cities for weather appeared above the lookup and "all my saved cities" buttons, for quicker access.

I can never get the detailed information for my city. I always get the reception error.

Though I haven't tried it, I like the idea of the "fantasy stats" in the sports section, and the NFL schedule.

A bunch of people have said they don't like the UI. I like it. I think the icons are nicely done.

The news section is nicely laid out (though I would like to see a little bit more of the story in the preview), and surprisingly fast-loading. I'd also like to see a "full screen" type of mode in news, where the icons up to disappear the all the screen real estate is devoted to the story.

I'd also like to see a white-pages section, but I have DA for that.

I haven't bothered trying directions or travel yet. I don't need directions that often (I have my GPS if I do) and I have Flight status for my flight info, so I don't see myself using either of those two sections very often.

Horoscopes worked perfectly for me, and are a fun time killer, as are the pickup lines.

Stock lookup was very fast and showed the symbol, price and change all on the main finance screen. Again, I'd like the saved things to be listed above the "lookup", etc. buttons. There are three buttons for lookup and quote searches, so to see my stocks, I have to scroll down.

All in all, it's a great app. The only deficit in functionality I could find was the reception error every time I try to get detailed weather info. All my other complaints are user interface based.

Pulsar
    4Info is a great FREE app
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I am a subscriber to express, but downloaded this this to see what it was like, i am very impressed works really well for a free program.

Movie detail was spot on, love the scollling headlines , found nothing wrong with the content supplied . (though I do prefer the new google maps for directions)

It they don't charge for it , I will certainly to look at when my sub is up!

congratulations to 4info for a great program!
    Last edited by sjjones; 10/19/2006 at 08:29 AM.
    If I try to save my address, it always gets corrupted. Otherwise, it looks useful. I would also like to see my saved items appear on top of the lists.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Does anyone get NCAAF info?

All it says on my version is the season hasn't started yet.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Anyone noticed the movie times are not reliable? I was looking last night for movies for the next day and the only showtimes I could find were 7, 10, and midnight. Didn't sound right. So I looked elsewhere and found they were 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 and midnight.

I look again today, and it shows all the times. So either it was old data, bad data, etc. I pondered if it was (stupidly) filtering out showtimes that were past current time, but when I looked around 2:15 today the 1 showing was listed, so I don't think it's that.

Just a heads up.
    I thought this was a neat application. Thought the interface to read news and sports left a lot to be desired. Yesterday I started having all kinds of problems. First I got a "mem" error message on everything I tried. Soft reset, no change. I deleted the app and reinstalled. Then I got a message to the effect that I was in a weak signal area. Blazer and all other EVDO apps worked fine. reinstalled again. Now I got my email and password were not correct. Created new login (with same email and password). I then got message that a new client was available. Downloaded and installed (OTA). Had to recreate my email and password. Everything worked fine until I went to an article in "Sports." The article has hung my Treo 700p each time, soft reset to get out. All of a sudden, now it crashes everytime it startsup with "StringMgr.c. Line 367:string to long(>64k)." I will be deleting until it gets more stable.
    I can't get it to work today. It doesn't recognize my login any more. Is it a paid service now?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I can't get it to work today. It doesn't recognize my login any more. Is it a paid service now?
    Mine does that too, just use your same info to "create a new account" and it works fine.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    does this application work anymore. keeps resetting my treo 755
    FYI, for those having problems with the app. The 4info wap site does just about everything the app does http://wap.4info.net/services
    http://www.4info.net/howto/app.jsp

"End of support for the 4INFO Mobile Application
    As of October 1, 2007, 4INFO will no longer provide product updates or technical support for the 4INFO Mobile Application. At this time the 4INFO Mobile Application is no longer available for download from 4INFO or any of our partner distributors.

4INFO is retiring support for this product due to the ready availability of equal quality content at our mobile website (http://mobile.4info.net), or via our SMS search and alerts products (http://www.4info.net). These channels are more effective for content delivery and allow the highest quality information results.

Thank you to all that used and supported the development of the 4INFO Mobile Application. "
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123