Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Again, I ain't looking for an argument. I think the graphics are lame, on demand is easier to use, alerts are better but then again I like versamail so why should my opinion count? It does have one goofy function that cool. If you search the word pickup(or type pu) it will send you back a weak pickup line. Kind of funny.
    Yeah, the PU lines are a good time killer. How did you discover this?

Here's what I got with my 1st search:

"Hi! I'm the new Milkman. Do you want it in the front or the back?"
    Last edited by aprasad; 08/16/2006 at 09:13 PM. Reason: more info
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I guess the only products this company has that cost money are Premium Text Alerts - I was introduced to these guys with their Worldcup Promo - I actually got a text message every single time a goal was scored!!! cost me $3
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Yeah, the PU lines are a good time killer. How did you discover this?

Here's what I got with my 1st search:

"Hi! I'm the new Milkman. Do you want it in the front or the back?"

The pu lines are one of the things they mention in their sign up screen

"Are those space pants you're wearing becuase your **** is out of this world"
    I installed it by copying the prc to the sd card and now I notice I think it is installed on the sd card and the "phone" (RAM) according to the "Delete" option in the menu of my Treo anyone else see that????

It also shows up on the "all" category as well as the sd card category.
    Copying anything to the card deos not remove it from the Phone RAM. You have to Delete it from the Phone as a separate step.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    This is a nice little app.
    Maybe I missed it but I can't figure out how to save Teams, Stocks etc?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    When I get a stock quote, I get a choice to "add to stock list" right below the quote.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    yeah, looks like that's it (hadn't looked at stocks before but it's similar for sports).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Copying anything to the card deos not remove it from the Phone RAM. You have to Delete it from the Phone as a separate step.
    Thanks for the reply but I did not install it to the phone at all, it showed up there by itself.

Is that usually how it works???
    Well, I installed this directly to the card on the hotsync. I was trying it out on sports and it worked great, but on the next thing I tried, my phone locked up. I reset and then deleted the ap. The next time I was on the phone talking and the phone just reset itself in the middle of the conversation. This has never happened before. I get home and look and the program is still on the unit itself, so I just deleted that. Just letting you users know that this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw
    Thanks for the reply but I did not install it to the phone at all, it showed up there by itself.

Is that usually how it works???
    When an application is run from the SD card, it is loaded into the RAM, and unloaded/deleted from RAM when you quit the application.

If the application run from the SD card quits unexpectedly (like when a reset occurs while you are running the application), the application is left in the Phone RAM. Deleting it from the phone then becomes tricky. If you use the standard method to do so, that deletes the entries in the saved preferences as well.

Some applications, like Express will clean this out when you re-launch and quit the application. For others, I use Resco Explorer or FileZ to delete files from the RAM that has the creator ID of the application.

It's complicated.. That's where 3rd party launchers do a much better job than Palm Applications launcher.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Well, I installed this directly to the card on the hotsync. I was trying it out on sports and it worked great, but on the next thing I tried, my phone locked up. I reset and then deleted the ap. The next time I was on the phone talking and the phone just reset itself in the middle of the conversation. This has never happened before. I get home and look and the program is still on the unit itself, so I just deleted that. Just letting you users know that this happened.

Rick, that sounds really odd? I think this app has no real "deep" hooks into the OS, as it is all server fed. What device are you using? Did you try OTA installation? I noticed on their wap site http://wap.4info.net they have a link on the homepage now to download it. I first found out about this co. before i ever owned a BB, through their SMS/WAP search stuff.
    I installed it to the card (from the Zip file in the original post). I don't see it on the Phone.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Looks like a great little app.

I would like to see a conduit that would allow it to update via hotsync, and update all data at set intervals...both to allow for offline browsing.

And NCAA football

FYI - I had the old 1.0 version of this app, and it auto-updated sports throughout the year ... i.e: NHL would disappear, but then MLB would appear, etc.... so I wouldn't be surprised if thats what happens for NCAAF and B.
    When an application is run from the SD card, it is loaded into the RAM, and unloaded/deleted from RAM when you quit the application.

If the application run from the SD card quits unexpectedly (like when a reset occurs while you are running the application), the application is left in the Phone RAM. Deleting it from the phone then becomes tricky. If you use the standard method to do so, that deletes the entries in the saved preferences as well.

Some applications, like Express will clean this out when you re-launch and quit the application. For others, I use Resco Explorer or FileZ to delete files from the RAM that has the creator ID of the application.

It's complicated.. That's where 3rd party launchers do a much better job than Palm Applications launcher.

aprasad,
    Thanks so much for the info, I am new to the POS and this is information that I did not know and is very useful.
    Now that I think about it, while I was using it my phone reset (due to Intellisync) and that must have been when it showed up.

Thanks again for the info. If it happens again I will understand what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcarthur
    Rick, that sounds really odd? I think this app has no real "deep" hooks into the OS, as it is all server fed. What device are you using? Did you try OTA installation? I noticed on their wap site http://wap.4info.net they have a link on the homepage now to download it. I first found out about this co. before i ever owned a BB, through their SMS/WAP search stuff.
    I'm a wus...First of all, I don't install games or anything that isn't very usefull on my Treo 650 because so many things aren't stable and I don't EVER have resets like I read about on many program descriptions on palmgear feedback. I might not have installed it correctly or whatever, but it froze when I first used it, and then after thinking I deleted it, the phone reset during a call. I deleted the part left on my phone (had an icon and the same size as the one on the card) and haven't had any trouble since. Just about everything on that program I already have with DA, FlightStatus and the net. I was just reporting what happened as feedback. Again, it is probably just me.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Just read this guys review of the app, I pretty much agree with him. I bet this wont be free for long, so I just hope they let those of us who got it already, KEEP it once they start charging for it.

Here is the review: http://dukecarico.com/blog/?p=143
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcarthur
    Yeah - didnt see that adult crap - i searched PalmGear, and found it here:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodid=123357

I downloaded this app from Palmgear, and it appears to work fine. Pretty cool program! Is it really free or is there a subscription fee?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Is it really free or is there a subscription fee?
    If they ever start charging for it, I have browser bookmarks and free programs that provide all of the information in this program.

Even if it stays free, they're going to have to improve it before I'll consider using it. I've played with it a bit this morning my first impression is it's kind of clunky and the information is incomplete. For example, the movie section couldn't find many theaters in my area. I searched by zip code and city name it only found one of the three theaters we go to. Why would I bother with this program when I have the movie times for all of my favorite theaters bookmarked in Moviefone? The interface for Sports was annoying. There are too many sublevels and where is the NHL section? So they have some work to do IMO.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast