1.    #1  
    I know it has been a few months, but does anyone have any idea if there will be a new version out by X-mas? I really like the the 700 but if another is coming out in a few months I'll hold off. Look at this link

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12376

thanks
    Last edited by TreoMaf; 08/16/2006 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMaf
    but if another is coming out in a few months I'll hold off.
    That is exactly why there will not be. There WILL, however, be new GSM Treos this year. But not CDMA.
    In the first instance its a choice between CDMA and GSM. The new CDMA devices are out already, and you probably wont see any updates for at least 12-18 months after their release. The new GSM Treo's still have to come out.

If you DO want GSM, the speculation is that the W 750 will be much more advanced than the P.

Surur
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR
    That is exactly why there will not be. There WILL, however, be new GSM Treos this year. But not CDMA.

ok 1st what is GSM & CDMA. & 2nd this shows how little you know, Why if everyone was still buying the 700's would palm release the 750. The company is still making revenue on an older model. HELLO, they're at least going to wait until sales start to slow.
    I know it has been a few months, but does anyone have any idea if there will be a new version out by X-mas? I really like the the 700 but if another is coming out in a few months I'll hold off. Look at this link

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12376

thanks

I have seen the same photos attached to an article about a new lower-cost Treo that would lower the entry point to the Treo line, but which would not compete directly against the higher performance 700w and 700p.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    I have seen the same photos attached to an article about a new lower-cost Treo that would lower the entry point to the Treo line, but which would not compete directly against the higher performance 700w and 700p.

Thanks for the info Keefer. Just thought I'd ask.
    CDMA and GSM are completely different networks that operate on different technology and use a dfiferent spectrum of air waves. GSM = Tmobile and Cingular/ATT&T. CDMA = Sprint and Verizon. The reason Palm would release an updated version is so that customer on the GSM carriers would still be able to purchase their phones. Right now, the lates option avaialble for GSM is the Treo 650, which while still a workhorse, is not the latest and greatest technology (some might argue the 700 isn't either). So that is why they woudl release a new model so soon after releaseing the 700P. Different customers and clientele.
    ok 1st what is GSM & CDMA. & 2nd this shows how little you know, Why if everyone was still buying the 700's would palm release the 750. The company is still making revenue on an older model. HELLO, they're at least going to wait until sales start to slow.
    Wait, I'm really confused. Wasn't that my point, and doesn't it answer your original question?

In the US, Sprint and Verizon use CDMA technology and everyone else uses GSM. It only matters because they are not compatible or interchangeable. Hence why there is no Treo 700 available on Cingular, T-mobile, etc. GSM dominates in Europe, where a PDA phone needs some slightly different characteristics to be popular. Palm is adapting the Treo to make more headway in Europe. This is why the GSM 700+ is not out yet, and why it will be different when it does come out.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Wait, I'm really confused. Wasn't that my point, and doesn't it answer your original question?

In the US, Sprint and Verizon use CDMA technology and everyone else uses GSM. It only matters because they are not compatible or interchangeable. Hence why there is no Treo 700 available on Cingular, T-mobile, etc. GSM dominates in Europe, where a PDA phone needs some slightly different characteristics to be popular. Palm is adapting the Treo to make more headway in Europe. This is why the GSM 700+ is not out yet, and why it will be different when it does come out.
    Yes, and yes. Rawson, your tact is commendable. Your confusion was caused by the fact that the OP was too busy pulling an attiude to realize that the readily-available answer to his question ("1st...") would have blown the logic behind his little rant ("2nd...") out of the water. Hopefully he'll come back, read SailRace's post and yours, and put two & two together.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    This is TOO funny. He starts off by admitting how little he knows, then follows up by accusing others of being clueless. I admit to finding this quite amusing.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    ditto
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  12.    #12  

you guys need to read that was not his point at all...read his 1st response. BTW i did reponds earlier w/ a thank you too
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    ... Hopefully he'll come back, read SailRace's post and yours, and put two & two together.
    OK, I guess not.
    you guys need to read that was not his point at all...read his 1st response. BTW i did reponds earlier w/ a thank you too
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Uh, did I suddenly jump over into "Future Treos" forum and not know it?

That pic was a supposed shot of the GSM Treo coming out this fall.