1.    #1  
    I just had my 650 replaced at the Sprint store to a new / refurbished one. This new phone will not charge on my Seidio cradle, nor will it charge on my friends Seidio cradle. Has anyone experienced this?!
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    My guess is the fault lies with Seidio's connector, not the Treo's. Don't get me started on Seidio garbage.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Maybe your refurb is damaged, ask Sprint for a different one.

Will the refurb charge with the Plam charger cable (the one that came in the box with the Treo)?
    Quote Originally Posted by CySurflex
    I just had my 650 replaced at the Sprint store to a new / refurbished one. This new phone will not charge on my Seidio cradle, nor will it charge on my friends Seidio cradle. Has anyone experienced this?!
    If your friend's charger charges his 650, then it should charge yours. The problem sounds like it's with the phone.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    My guess is the fault lies with Seidio's connector, not the Treo's. Don't get me started on Seidio garbage.

Well jeez, don't hold back on my account. Feel free to get started.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane
    Will the refurb charge with the Plam charger cable (the one that came in the box with the Treo)?
    Yes, it does charge with the palm charger that came in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    If your friend's charger charges his 650, then it should charge yours. The problem sounds like it's with the phone.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

Do you think I could get it replaced at Sprint just by saying it doesn't charge on the Seidio cradle? I guess I can give it a try.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    Just tell them that it won't charge in a cradle, and you know it's not a problem with a cradle because your friend's device does charge in it. And make sure you bring it in after a hard reset, they'll probably try to blame it on software.

Quote Originally Posted by CySurflex
    Yes, it does charge with the palm charger that came in the box.

Do you think I could get it replaced at Sprint just by saying it doesn't charge on the Seidio cradle? I guess I can give it a try.
    I'm just saying that if the cradle charges one 650, it should charge any other. To cross check, bring your cradle to your friend's house and see if it charges his phone. If you isolate the problem to our cradle, we will help you out.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Well jeez, don't hold back on my account. Feel free to get started.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Thanks, but no thanks. David is very responsive, but I'm tired of hearing the "much better now / can't change the past" claims that never seem to go away (contrary to what that claim would imply). And I definitely don't feel like going in circles again with Seidio's other employees: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ock#post909563
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster