1.    #1  
    I got a Treo 700p as soon as it became available from Palm's web site. I got it for $649 plus a promise of $250 service credit for a 2 year contract. It is middle of August and I haven't got the credit. When I called in June I was told to wait till I get the bill. The bill came in July with no credit. When I called in July I was told to wait till the next bill - it came in August without the credit either. I have called again today -August 16 - and I am again told to wait till next bill. I asked for a supervisor, and I am still holding.

Anyone else getting this run around?
    I have never heard of getting a service credit for $250 i wish.
  3.    #3  
    For a few days in May - till June 1 - Palm was running Treo 700p for $549 and $150 service credit from Sprint. On June 1 when I ordered mine they switched to $649 and $250 credit. I have this confirmed in writing - email from Palm.

The CS rep gives me a run around: wait till the next invoice. When I have firmly pressed to have this issue resolved, she says that this credit was for business customers ($150 credit + $100 promo). The last advice I got was to go to a Sprint store with the email and have reps there make the adjustment.

At this moment I have been for 45 minutes on hold waiting for a supervisor.

As I was about to finish this note a supervisor came on line told me the same thing. I need to go to a Sprint store with my documents to verify the story. After that I will get the $250 credit. Well, another hour on the phone trying to get what was originally promised. He promised $25 credit for my troubles and time.

I wonder how come Palm can make these claims and Sprint not know about them!?! That is why I hate buying things that offer a certain price after a rebate. Nearly every time you have to hassle to get what was promised...
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrek
    For a few days in May - till June 1 - Palm was running Treo 700p for $549 and $150 service credit from Sprint. On June 1 when I ordered mine they switched to $649 and $250 credit. I have this confirmed in writing - email from Palm.

The CS rep gives me a run around: wait till the next invoice. When I have firmly pressed to have this issue resolved, she says that this credit was for business customers ($150 credit + $100 promo). The last advice I got was to go to a Sprint store with the email and have reps there make the adjustment.

At this moment I have been for 45 minutes on hold waiting for a supervisor.

As I was about to finish this note a supervisor came on line told me the same thing. I need to go to a Sprint store with my documents to verify the story. After that I will get the $250 credit. Well, another hour on the phone trying to get what was originally promised. He promised $25 credit for my troubles and time.

I wonder how come Palm can make these claims and Sprint not know about them!?! That is why I hate buying things that offer a certain price after a rebate. Nearly every time you have to hassle to get what was promised...
    not to make it any harder on you, i would call the store and talk to the manager before you head down there. No rep in the store besides the store manager can give a credit like that. After everything you've been going through, i hate for the "I drove X miles to the store, and they told me to come back when the manager would be there" to be your next issue.
  5.    #5  
    Good point about calling the store. Actually, the supervisor told me that it would be CS making the adjustment. I need to go to store so someone from the Sprint Store can verify that a) I paid full price for the Treo, b) I actually have email from Palm stating the $250 credit, and c) that Sprint's own employees sent me emails in June that I would get that credit through CS. I was surprised that there was no way to forward the emails to them, or so they told me. Actually, I think that they do not want anyone have this kind of access... I love Sprint's technology - when it works it works, but boy they can surely improve their Customer Service.

I am curious, am I the only one that purchased a Treo through Palm with this kind of problem?
    I got my credit and without even having my contract extended at that... Plus a recurring credit of $40 and 25% off every bill from now on. I've been a happy camper for a couple of months now it seems. If your credit didn't show right away, you better call somebody to make sure you get it added as soon as possible! The longer you wait, the worse off you are.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Good point about calling the store. Actually, the supervisor told me that it would be CS making the adjustment. I need to go to store so someone from the Sprint Store can verify that a) I paid full price for the Treo, b) I actually have email from Palm stating the $250 credit, and c) that Sprint's own employees sent me emails in June that I would get that credit through CS. I was surprised that there was no way to forward the emails to them, or so they told me. Actually, I think that they do not want anyone have this kind of access... I love Sprint's technology - when it works it works, but boy they can surely improve their Customer Service.

I am curious, am I the only one that purchased a Treo through Palm with this kind of problem?
    Take it up with Retentions. They have the ability to do much more than the average CS rep. I didn't have issues with the credit (I also bought from Palm), but I did have problems with the variety of changes made to my plan. The regular CS reps weren't particularly helpful, so by the third time I called, I requested that I get transferred immediately to Retentions.

Stay calm and collected while you explain your situation and ask for their help in correcting it. I'm sure they can take care of it in short order. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I got a $250 credit. I'll show a screen shot later on
    I got a Treo 700p as soon as it became available from Palm's web site. I got it for $649 plus a promise of $250 service credit for a 2 year contract. It is middle of August and I haven't got the credit. When I called in June I was told to wait till I get the bill. The bill came in July with no credit. When I called in July I was told to wait till the next bill - it came in August without the credit either. I have called again today -August 16 - and I am again told to wait till next bill. I asked for a supervisor, and I am still holding.

Anyone else getting this run around?
    Is it possible that they gave you the credit up front? I was credited my $150 and other things that totalled $700 plus and told not to look for the discount later on because that included it.
    I had a similar problem getting my $150 credit. Did you buy it from Palm or Sprint? I bought mine from Palm and the problem was that when I activated it, I used the number in the Sprint manual instead of the number on Palm's website which connects you to a special unit within Sprint which handles Palm activations.

I eventually found out by calling Sprint. The first rep knew nothing so I asked for Retentions. The Retentions people knew nothing either and didn't believe me so I read ad I had printed out. The looked the offer up on Palm's website and told me to call the activation number on it. I called that number and the girl told me that there was already a 2 year contract on the account and that if she processed me for the credit, that I would have a another 2 year contract. She gave me a customer service number to call and told me to give her operator ID and tell them that I should get the $150 credit on my bill. The last person obiged. Overall it took me an hour. Hope this helps and May the Force be with you!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Oops! I see now that the OP refers specifically to Palm, I bought mine from Sprint, apologies.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/17/2006 at 05:01 PM.
    I have a business account and received a marketing mailer that said upgrade to the new Treo 700P for $399. I have only had the business account for 5 months and when I called to take advantage of this mailer I was told I didn't qualify. I finally got to a supervisor who was able to extend a $100 credit to my bill, but not the $150 that was only available if you qualified. I think the mailer was quite deceiving although I do think the CS supervisor that assisted was being as helpful with the tools he had. I feel pretty comfortable that I will see the credit as I did when I purchased the Treo 650 at the $99 promo for business they had in April. (Although I did have to call and have a discussion with the business department) I think whats happenin is sales not knowing what marketing is sending out as well as uninformed sales staff and agents.
  13.    #13  
    Per request from the CS supervisor I took to the Sprint store the printout of my Palm receipt showing full price paid for Treo 700p and the printout of Palm email stating eligibility for $250 credit for a 2-year contract.

I spoke to a store assistant manager and five minutes later I got receipts for $150 and $100 credits. I hope this is the end of it and that the credit will show on my next invoice - label me sceptical at this point.

My experience so far has been a better service in the stores than by phone. At the beginning I had a problem with voicemail activation - spent hours with various levels of tech support to have it eventually taken care in the store.
    I switched from Cingular to Sprint - and I did get the promised $250 credit - spread out over three billing cycles.
    There use to b a $250 credit if u activated your phone thru sprintportal.com. Because I ordered mines thru sprint retention they price matched the palm price of $500 and gave me a $350 service credits. $150 for upgrade $100 because the rep knew about sprintportal and $100 credit for being a valued customer but that 1 what splitup throughtout a yr. so if your a sprint customer exspecially a business customer the retention does try to help you alot and there nothing wrong with asking.